Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im here in the good ol USA and the E7 is coming to the states! Was looking at getting a Acura NSX Type S or a WRX, but no longer. Anyway, does anyone have any information on what exactly will be diffrent about the cars over here? Are there going to be diffrent models? Whats the average 1/4 mile time for them from the factory?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just can't wait to get one!
Thanks
Jay

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Apparently you will have to wait until 2003 for the E7 by which time I expect the E8 or 9 will be out http://194.93.140.171/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
If I was you I would get the NSX!
The E7 is going to be detuned so the power will drop from the standard 276bhp in which case it will be no match for the NSX. 276Bhp for the standard Acura NSX so the Type-S should be slightly more than that (289Bhp I think?) ....no contest! Combine the power advantage with a mid-engine rear wheel drive chassis honed by Ayton Senna then it really is no contest.
No doubt there will be a price difference but you are already considering the NSX then get it!

By the way is the Acura RS-X out over there yet? Thats the new shape one. Bloody Honda won't sell it over here otherwise that would have been my next motor [img]http://194.93.140.171/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not sure what bhp that you rate with, but the NSX is only at 200 Horse Power and ~120 pounds of torque. The Lancer evo7 according the dealers I have talked to will be here in roughly 4 months, will have ~280 Horsepower and ~270 pounds of torque. The subaru WRX is out here and it is at about the same specs as the Evo7. Why would the have to cut the HP on the evo if the WRX doesnt have to? Doesnt make sesne. And yes, the NSX is out here. Rather nice car too. Buddy of mine plans on getting one soon when I get my EVO7 or WRX if the evo gets to much diffrent from the jap/euro versions.
Thanks
Jay

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NSX with 200bhp that is sacrilege!
Got my figures from GT3 - Acura NSX 276bhp obviously not the most reliable source http://194.93.140.171/graphics/wink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Well the E7 was promised over here by CCC next month now it looks like next year so don't count your chickens (but thats CCC for you US importers might be a lot better).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pleased to hear that our overseas descendants get Evos! Hope they get the same one, same power, etc.

But...

...what are they supposed to do with them??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I talked to a mitsu guy today (My girlfriends dad is close friends with him). Anyway, what he told me is that it should be very similar to the jap specs! He expects to see it almost equal to the WRX, and with a few simple mods you can get it back to jap specs, though it would void my warrenty. He believes that the December figure I have gotten sounds accurate and should be roughly $30,000 USD with the base model a little bellow that. Of course the $30,000 figure does not have all options, just some of the basics. He stuck me on the list to get a test drive the day they get them in and I will be talking to my bank this week about getting approved (way in adavance) for a pretty large loan. If the EVO doesn't pan out and has the HP cut to low, I will get a WRX in its place.

One quick question is bhp the same as HP(Horse Power) That we use in the states?
Thanks
Jay

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will the pump it up and down suspensions fit ?
can you chrome on top of carbon fibre ?
an evo would look really **** with the confederate flag on the roof
one baseball lovin god fearin yank is bound to try it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts