Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when i've got a wee bit cash together to buy a few toys for the car something alwasy happens and f***s it up.

Was on the motorway on the way over to my mums and pulled out to pass a car and hit the biggest pothole on the planet right in the middle of the road :frust::frust:

As soon as I hit it I panicked a bit and pulled onto the hard sholder to give the car a quick look.

All was fine so jumped in and carried on. I came off the Mway onto the roundabout and heard a slight knocking noise from the driverside wheel and thought oh no that doesnt sound good.

on the straight its fine but as soon as you turn left there is a grinding noise, also when stationary if a move the steering wheel side to side there is a definative knocking coming from the driverside.

I cant get it checked till tomorrow and I hope its not mega bad.

It was definatly that ****ing pothole that caused it tho so i'll be getting the number as soon as I know what the problem is.

Anyways

Rant over

·
Premium Member
10,231 Posts
You need to get some pics of the pothole, also needs to be >40mm deep and have been reported before by someone else before they accept liability :(
Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How can I get pics of it if its right in the middle of the motorway???

There must be other complaints about it, its ****in huge.

·
Premium Member
10,231 Posts

That's just the procedure mate! The fact that it's in a dangerous place may work in your favour though :)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How can I find out whos responsible for the road surface???

Is there a site I can use???

·
Premium Member
10,231 Posts
How can I find out whos responsible for the road surface???

Is there a site I can use???
not heard of a site you can use, you need to either call your local council and/or the highways dept and ask for a claim form, if they don't play ball you may need to go to small claims court :(

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
Motorways are outside the remit of local councils, you'll need the Highways Agency I think.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Motorways are outside the remit of local councils, you'll need the Highways Agency I think.
:smthumbup:smthumbup

give them a call they will pay for any work that needs doin i have a audi s4 being done at the moment and they paid out almost straight away and its over £2000 worth of work

good luck

·
Registered
705 Posts
Prob be Bear eck they do a really good job of maintining roads :crackup: aberdeen like a giant game of pinball only your not trying to hit the ball your trying to dodge all the potholes :smthumbdo

·
Registered
705 Posts
:smthumbup:smthumbup

give them a call they will pay for any work that needs doin i have a audi s4 being done at the moment and they paid out almost straight away and its over £2000 worth of work

good luck
Glad to hear it m8 not all doom and gloom :smthumbup

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well just to make matters worse I was all set to send a courier down to Kent to pick up a set of evo8 alloys

These

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=295499

We aggred a price and I was sending a courier down to collect then I noticed he put them on ebay which was strane as they were supposidly sold to me. Anyways a mailed him and asked him why they were on there and he told me that they were up just to show me pics even tho he already sent me the same pics a week before.

I have now just recieved a text back saying that they have been sold on ebay by his wife by mistake even tho he said to me they were mine and that I dont need to rush about sorting a courier out, biggest load of bulls**T i've ever heard.

Whats with dishonest sellers :( :(

·
Registered
612 Posts
Prob be Bear eck they do a really good job of maintining roads :crackup: aberdeen like a giant game of pinball only your not trying to hit the ball your trying to dodge all the potholes :smthumbdo
Haha know that feeling well suprised i ain't been pulled over for drunk driving :lol:

big eck gonna be selling my IX enkies with falken 452's less than 1000 miles if your interested ?

·
Premium Member
8,643 Posts

Unlucky mate,last week on Clyde FM they where warning you about
a massive pothole on the M8 near Livingston, 3 cars where sitting
on the hard shoulder wi punctures the roads are awful just now.
Hope you get sorted ok. :smthumbup

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well some very good news today, the garage found it was the trackrods thats knackered so I was very lucky.

Thank **** for that. I need to pay out myself tho as its a wear and tear part and cant be assed with the hassle. If it was a major spend then i'd take it all the way.

Got it booked in to get fixed so alls good.

Just need to find a cheap set of enkies now.

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
mate if it was bad enough to do your track rods, have the tyre off and inspect the rim.

i would suspect the tyre as well, thats one hell of a smack!

·
Registered
66 Posts
The recent spat of freezing weather has done nothing to improve the overall conditions of the roads at all ... there are some shocking potholes developed around here! :frust:

you were lucky!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts