Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just bought a transit van and its been re-registered on the isle of man.
it was originally bought here then shipped over there 18 months ago, the guys moved back here and ive bought it,
its taxed and registered as an isle of man vehicle , the log book is like a bit of yellow card board.

i trusted the bloke when he toldme its a simple job to register it here.

any one know , where ,why ,what , how etc etc

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
mark-8 said:
it was originally bought here then shipped over there 18 months ago, the guys moved back here and ive bought it,
its taxed and registered as an isle of man vehicle , the log book is like a bit of yellow card board.

There are lots of reasons why I wouldnt want to re-register over here, one is that you dont need MOT ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
I ran a Cosworth for 3 years on IOM plates, just posted the RFT to the IOM authority annually. Cheaper tax disc, no MOT and the number doesn't appear on mainland police computers!!!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers for that so far.

so do i just fill my name on the log book?, and when i need to tax it what do i doo.? is there any thing diferant in terms of insurance.?

·
Premium Member
22,006 Posts
mark-8 said:

When I bought my Evo, it was on IOM plates, and originally a uk car, ie. imported new. IIRC, i was told I would have to re register it with in a few weeks at the local DVLA office, where you take identification (and business certificates if it is to be registered to a company, I think), and any paperwork you have, and the IOM tax disc, and they re issue the original plate, or a new one on the same year, if you can show the original year of registration. At the same time you buy the tax disc off them. You then get a certificate giving you 6 weeks to get the new plates made up.

I was led to believe that not doing this could lead to insurance issues if I needed to claim and was told there was a time period I had to do this in, after I had purchased the car, cant remember how long though

I think I waited till the tax was due and then did mine

Stu

·
Registered
338 Posts
You may need a bona fide IOM address. I used a friend of mine over there. MLR will no doubt have members there. You'll have to satisfy yourself over any insurance issues, but if vehicle details and reg. no are correct I can't foresee any problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts