Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I don't think the font for the plates is strictly legit. (The curved 'E' for example) but if they are about the right size letters and the plates are the correct size you shouldn't get pulled. I don't htink the bordering is a problem.

Best to keep you current plates to stick on for you MOT as they might be picky.

Normally when you are buying a plate the company will add a disclaimer to the order saying that the plate they are supplying you with is for show use only (i.e. not legal) if that disclaimer is given then you know it isn't strictly legit but you'll probably get away with it.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
keets, I got some of these babies on my III and they look sweet :coolsm: . I ain't been pulled for them and a local bobby even commented on how well they look when he was at my place of work :D

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Daz_213 said:
Not illegal but it might get you on barryboys.
The Mitsi border IS illegal. As has been said, you will be very unlucky to get tugged for it, but I have had a £30 fine though for a 3mm too small rear plate and a non regulation numberplate logo.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
to my knowledge you cant get a number plate which would read KEETS.That was the closest I could get.

And, I wasnt asking for opinions on my plate the question was "is this legal"

So JOG ON!!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Weebl said:
The Mitsi border IS illegal. As has been said, you will be very unlucky to get tugged for it, but I have had a £30 fine though for a 3mm too small rear plate and a non regulation numberplate logo.
Taken from the DVLA website, an official british standards document

"A non-reflective border and the Euro-symbol with the national identification letters are optional additions."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts