Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Someone is selling one on here in the cars section for £14500 so i would say thag is higbly over priced

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
5,264 Posts
Some things are too good to be true.... I'd steer clear of this one :thumbdown.... Looks clean but looks can be deceiving....

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Cat D is minor damage so yes the bumper only, my misses had her 208 rear ended, needed a new boot floor putting in, that was a cat C, that 10 doesn't look a bad buy with the mileage but always has the stigma of being a "recorded" vehicle when you come to sell on, saying that loads of cars like evos have had altercations and are unrecorded lol

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
with mitsubishi prices + bodywork labour and paint its easy for one of these to be written off

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Imagine yourself selling this car a few years on - then getting the same annoying questions asked to you. Unless it's a collectible, steer clear.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Sold to Mr Armstrong in Feb 2017 then 2 days later gets bumped then the seller buys it and now back up for sale? You'd be the 3rd owner in 3 months. Not for me I'm afraid.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
May be worth while asking for pics of the damage if available? Also I guess he needed to put it in his name to apply for the V5 as once its recorded as damaged the insurance take the car and paperwork.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Pictures of the damage are a must. No pictures no deal. Then check for quality of repairs and check receipts from the garage which did it. I bought damaged cars and drove them for years, of you do the your homework you might bet a bargain. Still, UK market is bizarre in respect of damaged cars and they do bear the stigma. These days you cannot hide it either.

·
Premium Member
3,672 Posts
Rule of thumb thumb I use is market value minus 20% or there abouts, as come realise time you WILL struggle to sell.

·
Premium Member
MLR Regional Organiser South London (ish)
3,531 Posts
Den better honest examples are about for not much more money:)

IMHO I think as a CAT D I would pay no more than £6k:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
8,643 Posts
You guys are all missing the point....it's better than those rubbish FQ300s!!1
:lol: I read that as well, that's at least the 3rd advert I've read in the last few weeks that has said similar tripe.

Glad I bought the RSII260GT. :D

Edited....Den, no it's not worth it.

·
Premium Member
11,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone, looks like a unanimous no then. I'll keep looking. As a side note, I did ask for pics of the damage, but so far, none have been sent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts