Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would ask you if is there any problem i f you fit different tires in front wheels and in rear wheels. For example: a pair of 225/45/17 Michelin Sport at the front Wheels.
a pair of 225/45/17 Bridgestone S-01 at the rear wheels.

I don´t know if there will be some problems with differentials or something like that.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not really ideal due to the variation in characteristics that two different brands of tyres would offer. For example, the front may offer better grip in the dry and the rear may offer better grip in the wet, also they may vary over a temperature range. Basically it will not be as predictable as having 4 tyres of the same type in each corner.
In theroy, as long as the rolling radius is the same then there shouldn't be a problem transmission wise.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Heave Ho six. It´good to know that there won´t be any mechanical problem.

I have notice that the car oversteer more since then, but I only realize it when wet.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Evowilly.

I have so3s on the front and so2s on the rear I hate the front end now,dont know whether due to 2 types of tyre or the so3s are just sh!te.Dont feel confortable high speed cornering on a highway any more.
Perhaps its just me but I noticed it straight away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SO2's rule - have them at the front and SO1's at the rear and consequently less grip |EQU| more oversteer - which is nice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes but when it appears suddenly it´s a bit dangerous. The problem is when you go as fast as every day and oversteer appears.............

As soon as I can I´m going to fit the 4 tires.

Bye

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shorty

Would say its the SO3's!! I ahve them all round and the car slides all over the place.

Whilst it can be fun, when you mean to do it, it can scare the hell out of you!! I would go for SO2's, not 3's. I know Kwik Fit and Charlie Browns can still get them!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I told you all the S03 is crapp. Wobbly, squirmy and melts down even on the road. Good maybe for a Beemer or something but not for an EVO.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oversteer doesn't appear suddenly for me due to my driving skill, smoothness, experience, sheer natural talent and not going as fast as the rest of you loony toons!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.