Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me whether the Magnex exhaust and de-cat for an Evo6 are 3 all the way through or do they slip back to 2.5 ??

Also does anybody now who may be doing a good deal on these at the moment....

Cheers

Jevo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re:Is the Magnex 3

Evoboy...

Is that no its not 3 all the way thru or no don't know who may be doing these on a good deal at the moment ?

Jevo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Is that one of the reasons why Blitz is better?

I'm still trying to justify buying the Magnex down pipe, De-cat pipe and the Blitz.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

B/dog,
The problem is that all exhausts designed 2 install 2 the cat or a decat pipe will have a 2.5 waist at that point with a smaller flange , because this was the size of the factory pipe.
I noticed this when installing my Blitz , so I cut off the small flange from the Blitz and welded the adaptor pipe from the PE front pipe directly 2 the Blitz.
To have a restriction there was unacceptable 2 me.
Also the Blitz is 3 I.D. (76mm) and 80mm O.D. , the Magnex and other Brit systems r 76mm O.D. , meaning that the Blitz is a genuine 3 thru system.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

So what do I do? Decided on the Blitz - but what about the front? I don't want to go dow the PE route - I know its very good but I can't justify spending the extra dough when all I want is looks and sound !!! - The extra performance is a bonus.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

B/Dog,
Sympathise dude , budget is everything.

Get the Magnex front pipe , this will enhance performance over standard even with the restriction at the cat outlet flange, then the Blitz Nurspec from there.
Then , save up and upgrade 2 the PE later maybe , :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Evoboy,
Is the Blitz more free flowing than the Magnex from the CAT back then? I was just wondering the reason why you didn't go for Magnex straight through.

....sorry just read the reason...doh!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Just realised I shud add that restrictions in the exhaust system become more significant as the engine is modified 2 increase power beyond just replacing the exhaust and filter.
So , when increasing boost , thats when a low restriction exhaust really becomes vital.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.