Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is a 2001 EVO 6 With a Rallyart Number and fitted foglight in the bumper

However when i speak to admerial insurnace they say they were all imports and that all they have on there system.

Help needed for insurance reasons to whether it is to be classed as a UK or Import car on the policy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So rallyart imported them for themselves and sold them in the UK?

More importantly its ok for insurance porposes for it to be classed as import even though first registered in the UK?

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,855 Posts
Originally posted by Madason2k
> So rallyart imported them for themselves and sold
> them in the UK?

Yep.

> More importantly its ok for insurance porposes for it
> to be classed as import even though first registered in the UK?

Yep. Insurance companies say they don't like imports cos they are not as safe as UK cars and other lies. The issue isn't where it was first registered but what market the car was built for and sold to.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks for the info that actually has helped me out as i was telling them it was UK and they said it was an import so it seems they were correct on this.

So i will get onto the insurnace tomorrow and advise them.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Had the same problem with my insurance co. (LV) saying they didn't recognise the 6 as a UK car and would only cover it as an import.

Thought it was just their way of pushing up the premium but it actually came down a bit :)

·
OAP
1,832 Posts
When I spoke to LV last year when my insurance renewal was due they said exactly the opposite - that they could cover a UK VI but not an imported one :confused: :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts