Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity, this morning I had a look at what happens when someone presses the intercooler spray button on my EVO VII.
I thought there may be a jet of water spraying across the front of the intercooler, but all I can see is water dripping down onto the floor from somewhere behind my registration plate - is this normal? If not, I'll have a closer look to see where the problem is...

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The water spray piping is made up of several sections of rubber tubing that run in an "S" shape from the reservoir on the inside on the front bumper.

From the reservoir it runs the left, then down the backside of the bumper. Then back to the right around the right hand side air duct (which the number plate almost covers) and along the bottom of the bumper to the spray nozzle.

Like you say, check that it's all connected.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks for the info so far. Can anyone tell me if I should see a jet of water spray across the front of the intercooler and if water should drip down like it's doing now as described above?

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Yes you should be able to see 3 sprays (not just thin jets) 2 from the top and 1 from the bottom in the middle.

Mine wasn't working when I picked up the car, so I though it was a dodgy connection on the back of the pump. (I couldn't hear it when the button was depressed.) So I wanted to buzz it out with a multi-meter. It turns out the fuse was blown :).

Anyway you get to the pump and the outlet pipe by removing the nearside wing liner. There is a clear pipe that comes out of the side of the reservoir close to the top, but this is just the overflow.

I'd recommend starting at the pump and tracing the pipe work. You should get a good flow of water from the pump.
Good luck.
Mark

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well, after 5 months of VIII 260 ownership I finally got my IC spray working so I can believe the pipe work might not be connected on ur's. The switch wasn't connected on mine... I suspected as much but never got round to checking until this weekend.

Having never owned one before I didn't know the dash light should be on when in auto mode and that you should hear something when u press it in manual mode.... doh! Anyway I'm ready for a scorching UK summer so I can spray away...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts