Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth setting HI and LOW boost levels on a controller?

Surely if I'm running with an ECU mapped for the HI boost setting and I switch to standard boost I will just be end up running way too rich won't I? :confused:

Before anyone says it, I do realise that it's better for the engine not to be running at raised boost all the time.

Opinions please?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Any ECU that is connected to a MAP or MAF sensor will adjust the fueling to match the amount of air it is recording coming in to the engine. Any "mappable" ECU should be properly mapped from idle all the way through to maximum boost as well.

So no, if you drop the boost on the controller you won't run rich, you should be running spot on for the boost level your turbo is producing (assuming the mapper has done a thorough job on the fuel map) :cool:

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
grale22 said:
Is it worth setting HI and LOW boost levels on a controller?

Surely if I'm running with an ECU mapped for the HI boost setting and I switch to standard boost I will just be end up running way too rich won't I? :confused:

Before anyone says it, I do realise that it's better for the engine not to be running at raised boost all the time.

Opinions please?
You wouldn't end up running rich because the fuelling will be mapped to the boost level. In simple terms, the ECU would look at the boost level and then provide the amount of fuel for that boost level by checking the map that has been programmed into it.
In this way, if your boost is low then the fuelling is altered also.

Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts