Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
firstly congratulations to A Mcrea and Mitsu for scoring the first points in WRC.

Is it not cheating to force(request) one of your privateers to check out of a service stop late on purpose so that a penalty will be incurred so that your top man will score a point.

if it had been done quietly then no-one would have a problem with it. But, personally, i feel that it is cheating and no different to match fixing.
I bet that guys parts bin is a little more full today!

I know it benefitted allistair but thats not the point. surely the point of racing is to get from a to b the fastest. not sitting like a lemon in the service area waiting for mr wilson to tell u you can go now.

AAAARGGHHHH...fell off me soap box :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't like it and it also happens in F1. It is worse still for those who bet on events. Can you imagine in horse racing if a stablemate was held back to allow another horse to win.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup utter crap, what a sharp, bitter pointy pill to swallow, I'd be pig sick if I were him

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All private drivers would love to become a paid works driver. Hopefully he will get looked on as a reliable team player for other events, or part of the team for next year. Francoise Delacor kicked up such a fuss in Peugout last year for being asked to slow down, that he was thrown out the team!.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats not the point.

Ford should respect results and the other teams in the rally...

races should be won and lost on the stages or in the service areas..not in the motorhome

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Totally agree. It doesn't help them push the profile of the sport (as they are doing now) when you get points being decided off-road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts