Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am stuck in a ****y hospital ward right now writing this on my phone.

I had a shoulder surgery about 4 weeks ago, and for first 3 weeks seemed to go ok. Then one day last week woke up in agony not being able to move my right arm from the shoulder.

I went back to the hospital that did it under nhs and told them what i was feeling including fever constantly twice, and even seen the surgeon who did the op, he gave me more pain killers told me to go home nothing was wrong.

2days later i took myself to another hospital cos was just in agony. The stuck some huge mofo needle into my shoulder joint and withdrew some puss and said it was probably infected. I was admitted there and am still here on morphine and iv anti biotics waitin for test results still in agony and told i will probably need another surgery to take out the infection!

Worse than that seems like i'm on the messed up ward.0its like a circus aint had any sleep and they aren't really very nice here:(

Is this just one of them things? Or should i be asking for more answers as to why i was sent home saying nothin was wrong? Oh i'm bored also lol

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
If its infected from when they operated Jase they should have some explaining to do, of course they all p!ss in the same pot, so your as likely to get them admitting it, as I am to be shaggin Vida Guerra tonight...

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i've noticed how cagey they are at answering my questions, its all maybes and not sure and possibly. No commitment to whats actually imho on!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
under the law of delict - Profesional liability- when a person in a professional capacity (lawyer, doctor) there is a contract between the client and the professional and any losses that occur can be remedied through this contract. In addition a separate case of delict can arise.
To claim a loss from the professional the client must prove that the professional has breached his duty of care. Whereby the action taken was not, that would be taken my any reasonable professional, in the same circumstances.

if they have ****ed u up by doing something that a normal suregon would not have done then u have a claim.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
any suggestions who to contact for legal advice? Cos am still sat in the muppet ward suffering here. Getting p1sed off as as the guy next to me keep goin on the phone get me some pain killies girl in a scouse accent i haven't even been able to leave my bag to go in the toilet. As is obv a using addict!/scally. And there is some loud irish guy talkin so loud you would think hes in his own room. And foghorn leghorn snoring like a pig opposite, cant take much more:(

·
Banned
6,473 Posts
bad that jason,and thats why i wont let tham operate on my shoulder. they said to me you'll be in and out in a day and then it will take 12-24 weeks to start improving:wallbang::wallbang: i said well what are the gaurantees that your going to sort it????? they said well in any case there could be some complications and only a 75% chance of making it a little better but wouldnt cure it...... that was my cue to say stick it, i'm not going through the pain and suffering for all them weeks only to be told well we tried :smthumbup:smthumbup hope things look up for you mate :smthumbup

ps this is what weight lifting and bodybuilding does to you when you bang loads steroids in.:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: only joking mate :smthumbup

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
You still in the Northwest Jason? Irwin Mitchell have always been decent solicitors and according to the Law Society's website they do Clinical Negligence.

Irwin Mitchell Solicitors
Bauhaus
Rossetti Place
MANCHESTER
M3 4AW

0870 1500 100

They'll assess your case and tell you whether you have grounds for a claim & won't charge you if they feel there's no case to answer.

Hope the antibiotics sort you out soon, sounds nasty :(

·
Registered
203 Posts
Getting an infection in a joint post op is hardly the stuff of Medical Malpractice.
It's not particularly common (thankfully) and probably fairly unpleasant (unfortunately) but I would imagine that you would have been advised pre operation in the small print that there are potential complications to any invasive surgery. Unfortunately sh*t happens :( Hope it gets better quickly.

·
Registered
6,766 Posts
any suggestions who to contact for legal advice? Cos am still sat in the muppet ward suffering here. Getting p1sed off as as the guy next to me keep goin on the phone get me some pain killies girl in a scouse accent i haven't even been able to leave my bag to go in the toilet. As is obv a using addict!/scally. And there is some loud irish guy talkin so loud you would think hes in his own room. And foghorn leghorn snoring like a pig opposite, cant take much more:(
feel for ya mate i had a short stay in liverpool royal after 12hrs surgery (shatterd spine) it was a night mare was glad to get to oswestry spinal unit 3 weeks later.nurses used to tape the windows shut as the wind would blow them open an no locks all over xmas an new year too lol you could try walker smith way, either chester or wrexham the are very good .:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all your replies, positive and negative..i think the point is that. i went back to the surgeon who did it complainin of fever and not being able to move my arm and being in agony he had told me nothing was wrong! And to go home come back in 2 weeks. Then 2 days after that i was admitted elsewhere in a poor state for the same complaint. I'm not really that fussed i just want it put right but just wondered the legal status of this if any

Thanks

·
You'll Never Walk Alone!
1,413 Posts
Could be worse mate :eek:

Seriously tho, hope you get well soon :smthumbup

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
My wife was rushed back into hospital after the birth of our son :goingmad:

Fever, extreme pain including chest :thumbdown They took some swabs and bloods and then issued i.v. antibiotics..

Strange thing is when we asked for results they said she had an infection but they couldn't tell what type as the antibiotics had wiped most of it out :rotz:

Clever drugs! as they were given after the swabs and bloods were taken :shake:

It's widespread in hospitals and they will do all they can to cover it up :frust:

MRSA was a contributing factor to my grandfathers death in 2001 but they refused to put it on the death certificate, thus making it very hard to seek compensation..

At the end of the day no amount of money was gonna help bring him back so we let it go for the sake of my nan.

Anyway get well soon Jase :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well the surgeon who did it showed his face today, hes like a whirlwind, here and gone within 3 mins. Said he still thinks nothing is wrong but as they got something out of it may as well stay on the iv antibiotics till thurs.

He then also said he now suspects frozen shoulder which when i read about it seems almost life changing and a major **** up considering its in my dominant shoulder, so am quite worried now. Seeing the physio tomorrow, will have somethin to say for sure if thats how it turns out:( not feelin so good now

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
I suffered from frozen shoulder a few years back when I was desk bound 7 hours a day. I had a couple of injections at the GPs which didn't help at all (think they were steroids but it was a while ago & I can't remember for sure), then exercises recommended by a physio and used a tens machine and ibuprofen when it was really bad but the cure was giving up the desk job. Not been troubled for 6 years now.

Has your doctor considered a possible torn rotator cuff?

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
am stuck in a ****y hospital ward right now writing this on my phone.

I had a shoulder surgery about 4 weeks ago, and for first 3 weeks seemed to go ok. Then one day last week woke up in agony not being able to move my right arm from the shoulder.

I went back to the hospital that did it under nhs and told them what i was feeling including fever constantly twice, and even seen the surgeon who did the op, he gave me more pain killers told me to go home nothing was wrong.

2days later i took myself to another hospital cos was just in agony. The stuck some huge mofo needle into my shoulder joint and withdrew some puss and said it was probably infected. I was admitted there and am still here on morphine and iv anti biotics waitin for test results still in agony and told i will probably need another surgery to take out the infection!

Worse than that seems like i'm on the messed up ward.0its like a circus aint had any sleep and they aren't really very nice here:(

Is this just one of them things? Or should i be asking for more answers as to why i was sent home saying nothin was wrong? Oh i'm bored also lol
jason sorry i just noticed this, first i thought maybe your penis enlargement surgery went wrong and then i noticed its yer shoulder, just kiddiny my friend, long time no speak

i hope u get better soon mate, im sorry tae hear of whit happened, maybe take some advice aff rambo and apply some gunpowder and set it alight, it should kill the infection

lol im just trynna cheer u up mate

get well soon :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks mo:) always the optimist. Carina already had a small tear thats why the impingent was fixed via arthoscopy which in turn caused infection

1 - 20 of 30 Posts