Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Boring topic but, I'm getting an annoying rattle from what sounds like the B pillar or door panel on the passenger side. I only hear it when going along at town driving speeds and the road is rather uneven. Anybody had anything like this? I haven't tried taking the door trim off yet to see what's loose since I haven't investigated the best way of doing this yet - I presume I just tug at it and it prises apart!?!? Do I have to worry about getting new studs or anything before I attempt this?

Merry Christmas and all that

Jon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:) The only annoying cabin noises I have is the Missus telling me slow down! ha! ha! :)

PS I thought I'd reply as no one else bothered.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only noise I get from your missus is under my pilla when I'm in yer b-room! Only mucking about and thought I'd answer to keep the thread high up in the list to get someone to reply to the original question. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sometimes get this, is more like a plastic creaking noise than a rattle. have traced it down to the passenger airbag cover (false glovebox lid). Don't want to mess with it in case get mouth full of airbag and punctured eardrums!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dragon,

I have exactly the same problem, not of your missus mind you. Mine is also useless at trying to find where exactly this rattle/clunking sound is coming from.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

I think I get the same problem, if the B pillar is what I think it is! Is the B pillar the pillar between the front and rear doors? If so I have teh same problem and I know what it is and it's dead easy to fix (if yours is the same as mine that is!).

It annoys the hell out of me as I drive, but the irritating rattle I'm experiencing is actually the seat belt claspy metal thing (what's the right word?) rattling against the B-pillar, to fix it, I just hook the seat belt over the passenger seat. Of course, this only happens when int he car on my own!

Hope this helps, if not, sorry :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Davy T

Get similar noise like that in the Paj - but only when on own, no noise when passenger in car.
Must be a seat belty thing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.