Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
up the hammers
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just been to apple store to have a look at it and its got liquid damage ,void warrenty and its only 2 months old .they said ive got to pay 80 quid for a new one .dont know how this happened but i bet its got something to do with my kids :goingmad:more money wasted

·
Registered
154 Posts
Liquid damage is a favourite for Phone companies and the likes at getting out of the warrenty claims.... Ask them to provide you with the proof and always ask for your Liquid damaged one back!!! I've had similar problems with Nokia and Liquid damage twice now and after questioning them about it I managed to get my phones replaced free of charge.... Always worth a try!!!..

·
Registered
397 Posts
there is a little paper sticker inside the p[hone that turns a purple colour when the phone gets wet thats how they can find out.think its like litmus paper or something.

·
Registered
154 Posts
But that can turn with Moisture aswell then? Or the kids favourite. Phone in the mouth!!!! Not Major liquid damage but some light moisture damage. This is where they can turn a quick buck or two around by blaming the liquid damage. It will usually show on the cct boards. If its simply as Nutter2 said above then I'd reckon you could argue your point with no problems at all to that.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Yea well on alot of phones it also as a blue strip on the battery near the contacts if is as been in water :smthumbup But unsure on ipods as the battery is all enclosed :crackup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts