Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought one of these off ebay? It seems every man and his dog are selling them, and the 4gig ones seem to go for around £20 delivered.

Obviously a huge difference to ~£100 for a branded ipod, so is it just the name you pay for, or are these tosh?

I'm not into mp3/mp4 players so if someone could enlighten me that would be great :D

Mp4 player

Cheers
Pete

·
5,456 Posts
No Comparison

I have one of these, only a 1 gig one, and also an Ipod.
There is no comparison at all. The MP4 player seems cheaply made, and the earphones broke in a day or so.
The volume on the Ipod is outstanding, but the MP4 player is hard to hear turned up full.
I would spend out on the real deal if I was you.Still the MP4 player was for the youngest son, so well suited as I doubt it will last long before he looses or breaks it anyway.
The eldest has the Ipod video, outstanding, good quality and sound.
Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
A mate of mine bought one yesterday, from the ford dealership he works, i think it was £56 for a 2gig, plays MP3 and MP4 movies, will ask him if he's used it yet and let you know.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok cheers guys. I was thinking of risking it and seeing what they are like for £20.

I suppose I an still use it like a 4gig flash card if the music bit is crap, is that right? Or I can use it to move songs from car to car?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Just as another point to make, I have the 60gig ipod and i think its ****, its has wiped all my music of the computer twice

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
I use a 160GB archos media player, but today just bought a 2nd gen 4gig nano, great piece of kit, but the software sucks, it takes over your computer, and is confusing to use.

·
5,456 Posts
MP3

To be honest, the best MP3 player I had was a cheap basic small one, 2gig, easy to use, easy to put songs on, and can be used as a storage device. Cheap to buy, especially off ebay.....

·
Registered
21,179 Posts
I think ipods are shite altogether. I've had 3 and they've all broke and fu(ked my computer. They are so fragile and its a matter of time before it packs in.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I love the ipod, just decided to sell my 4th gen 20gb which ive had for 2years still working and still no problems with it. As ive upgraded to a 5th gen 30gb video.

The software is dead easy to use, itunes makes other music programs lame.

I also fix them aswell, so know all about the pros and cons with them..... :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
I agree, I'm on my second iPod - a 5th Gen 30Gb and I love it.
The software hasn;t taken over my computer (although my increasing library of mp3's has)

It looks good and sounds good. the screen is great for movies(have a few Ricky Gervais video podcasts on it and the quality is fantastic.

if you can afford it i'd definitely go for a Real McCoy (not the crisps)

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have just bought two reconditioned Ipod Nanos direct from Apple (turned up today). 1 years warranty like the new ones but a lot cheaper (£65 for 2Gb against £99 new), about the same as used ones on Ebay. A mate wanted one and I thought it might be worth a pop for one myself at that price.
Anyway one worked, the other was dead. Rang up tech support and they diagnosed a dead screen (he sounded like it was a common occurence), it's being picked up in a few days for a refund.
I'm not impressed, they felt flimsy to me and certainly never worth £99! Checking on the website the number that seem to go wrong is incredable for the supposed market leader.
You have to worry when they have pages of details on how to reset the things, sounds really reliable!

As for the £20ers from China on Ebay, it makes me laugh when you check out some of the feedback, "it's a fake, not genuine Ipod", some people are so gullible :crackup:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heaveho6 said:

As for the £20ers from China on Ebay, it makes me laugh when you check out some of the feedback, "it's a fake, not genuine Ipod", some people are so gullible :crackup:
Yeah, even i know they are not the real thing, jeez :D

I have decided to try one of those anyway, it should work ok as flash card if nothing else. Last resort if it's crap, stick it back on ebay :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts