Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due my upgrade tomorrow and i don't know what to get. I want either the N96 or the iphone but i don't know which :wallbang:

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
Dont personally like the Iphones...but I have an N96 and its sh!te :confused: Thought it might help!!!!
Wish I hadn't clicked on this thread now.

Just upgraded my phone tonight (N95 8gb) and went for the N96, which will be with me on thursday :wallbang:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
n97 due to be out this mth (hopefully) better than any of them i believe (you can send your upgrade back by the way within 7-14 days sepending on network) with no reason other than you dont like it

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I've gotta admit i like my N96 it does everything i want it to do. To be honest tho i wanted the iphone but was to tight to pay for it at the time because they were silly money:wallbang:
I think you'd be happy with either, you've got to weigh up the cost of each and see if it would be worth it for what you need it for

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
n97 due to be out this mth (hopefully) better than any of them i believe (you can send your upgrade back by the way within 7-14 days sepending on network) with no reason other than you dont like it
N97 is due out on 31st march.

Voda say they are not due with them until august (he went and checked as he didn't beleive me when I said this month). But I don't like the look of it anyway (keyboard on it).

Yeh I know I can send it back within 14 days, so i'll have a play with it first and see what I think.

I really fancy an N86 but it's not out yet, and voda said they are not going to stock it.

Only reason for staying with voda is because they offered me a good tarrif and have let me change from an 18 month contact to a 12 month (wanted to go with 02 as they are pretty good with upgrades, but they don't do 12 month contacts anymore).

Oh and I don't like the Iphone much if i'm honest, and hate having to pay for a phone on a contract :lol:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Both N96 and the iphone are free on my tarrif so won't cost me anything. Might give the iphone ago and see what's like.

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
900 mins, unlimited text, 12 months £40 a month (basicly there 24 month tarrif but for 12 months).

Currently on 600mins, 1000 text for £35 a month for 18 months

·
Registered
293 Posts
The iPhone is an awesome phone, no doubt about it. I've used it for about 6 months now and the user interface is a delight to use, as well as many of the great apps available for it through the istore. My biggest gripe with it though is the lack of copy and paste, and combined with the lack of a text forwarding feature, has really wasted much of time when a text message is not received by the recipient, or I want to send a similar text or forward someone's number. I would like to say that the iPhone's features compensate for this lack of functionality but it doesn't, and for that reason I may well go back to using a pda phone next time.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I reckon Apple will deal with things like MMS, flash and the lack of cut & paste in a future software update for the 3G.

It's the best personal phone available IMO. If you want a business based phone get a Blackberry or a Nokia.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts