Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving on motorway speedo went from 70! to 0. I stopped at the next services and it started again, but is responding very slowly. Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks

Adam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Only twice in over 21/2 years of Lancer ownership I have seen my speedo exhibit similar symptoms. However, they have been isolated incidents and have never led to any other problems.

In my case the rev counter and speedo dropped to zero, then flicked back on and off a couple of times before returning to normal. The only thing I can tie this behavior into is the failure of my idle control stepper motor (still needing fixed!), but thats just a guess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Evo III very occasionally does the same thing, I don't worry any more as it soon comes back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This happened to my car shortly after taking delivery. To drop the speedo from kph to mph, a small 'gearbox' is used to slow the cable down. In my case, the nut which held this box onto the gearbox drive had come loose.

Are the later EVO's still cable operated?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RS Pilot

Where'd you get the 'gearbox'? Something like that would be better than the crap overlay I have (in a box mind ye!).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I noticed my tacho have an attack once and bounce around a bit even though speed was constant (on motorway). Any ideas why? Doesn't bother me much as the car was running fine and still is. Just curious

cheers
jon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chunky,

It came with the car, but the dealer I bought it from are the ones that fitted it. I'll mail you with the dealers website so you can go direct.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi

You will probably find its the speedo convertor (if fitted), it is usually fitted on the gear box speed sensor (grey or black box) to check you can remove and fit back to standard, this will now read in kmh.
This is what is fitted to a official evo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Evo III has not been converted from kmh. Not saying this convertion is not the problem, just that the glitch on my car occurs in the as built dashboard.

Incidentally, has anyone looked into fitting a Proton Persona MPH Speedo to a 1800 GSR or Evo I, II or III ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys.

It is geting worse so need to get it looked at. First of all thought it was electrical as seems to be worse in the wet!!

Will soon find out (fingers crossed)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts