Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
can anyone help, evo 8 question,
is your light on the rev counter speedo constantly on? even when you turn on your lights it stays at the same brightness and lights up air cooling bits and bobs.
is the clock constantly lit up even when you take the keys out.
also the cd player does not fold up anymore when the ignition is turned off,
any ideas, the lights have been like this but the cd player changing its mind is a new addition.

thanks
gary

ps while im posting, whats the make of wheels on the evo 8 (the black 12 spoke ones, any idea on a price from the dealer, without tyres?)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it stoped doing it earlier and thought i must have imagined it then....just walked outside and heard the radio going, i guess sometimes it just likes to hear the radio going!!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
it sounds to me that you have your switch live and constant live wires shorted together somewhere, this can be bad, it will drain your battery.

What electric goodies have you had fitted recently? That may be your answer. It could also be timed delay related.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought that myself but even when i disconnect the cd player the clock stays on so i thought that may eliminate the that idea. it may be a case for the good old warranty to come out

·
Registered
791 Posts
that may be the case, unless the short is within the wiring prior to the cd player, ie within the harness. while its out, you could stick a tester on there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill take it up to mitsubishi tomorrow and ill find out (hopefully) looks a bit complicated back in there for my liking, much appreciated for help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts