Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have an interior leak, causing the passenger side to be flooded with water. I checked to see if it was the door seals, but it wasn't. I noticed that the leak was coming from the glovebox, so i moved it and took a picture.

So it's leaking near the cable at the joint on the right.

What could cause this to leak? Will i have to remove the dashboard in order to fix? What else could i check?
Also, did anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I can’t tell where that is very well on an IV but I spent over 10 years working as a panel beater and did lots of water leak work so I’d look at the following
1.door membranes the clear ones behind the door cards
2. Sunroof drains if you have one, blow an airline down the whole in the corners of it
3. Air inlet for the heater. If it has one check that
4. Aerial if it has one on that side check it’s sealed well
5.windscreen has it had a new one ? Could be that

I’d try and cover everything down there in talcum powder and lie in there while a mate pours a watering can over the outside, don’t use a hose as you don’t have enough control over where the water goes

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Also is that box the heater box ? If so are you loosing any coolant as your heater matrix could be leaking if that is the case

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, so this was a dash-out job.

It turned out that the intake for the HVAC airbox had a hole in it due to rust. Cleaned up the rust as good as I could, applied some anti rust and paint on both sides of the metal, and used some sealer to seal the hole in the intake and airbox (foam seal deteriorated). Also drilled a hole in the airbox to allow the water to drain into the box and out the ac drain tube.

Problem fixed (for now) I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts