Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody heard of Trust Intercoolers (dont know why they call them that since they are post-turbine installations, not in between twin turbo applications, tsss.....) with multiple layers (dont know if this is the correct English term)? They are supposed to be the very best, giving huge cooling potential. They are available in 3,4 or 5 layers (successive cooling areas) and can cool down as much air as needed, even with huge turbos. HKS is supposed to be a joke compared to these.
Has anybody heard of this intercooler (why the hell do these ignorant people call it this???) technology and con confirm (or not) this advantage? I was told by a dealer these intercoolers (manufacturers and dealers dont even know their fúckin' terminology!) are available made to measure, as many layers and size as required depending on turbo size).
Thanks for your advice

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yep, have seen them in Japan. Didn't know they made them to order but it's true that a handmade intercooler will beat any ready made product, they are very expensive though. There are companies that make them to order in Europe also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Claudius,

Pace is a manufacturer here in the UK who seem to have a good reputation although i have not dealt with them personally. However the standard evo intercooler is huge so as everyone says you may not gain much by changing to an after market cooler.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Claudius,
Trust r a well regarded company , but the only way 2 know how much their .....cooler is better than standard is get temperature reduction figure 4 a given inlet temp .
When u ask them , tell them 2 use the correct terminology in future

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes its funny that,all the worlds major vehicle manufacturers making the same mistake!
maybe they all use the same translator/ printing company ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone make a jacketed intercooler that is cooled via the air conditioning or maybe dry ice?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Original Post:
Can anybody tell me something about multiple layers then?
Imagine 2 or 3 or 4 even .....coolers placed one behind the other but all connected at the sides with end tanks ........there u have it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We get all this stuff in OZ.
I went with the following cooler
600X300X75. It was a tube and fin
This set me back about 300 pounds.
On a cold night I get intake temps of around 10 degrees celcius.
Thats when outside temp is about 15 degrees.

I couldnt justify the extra money for a trust or garret core.

Can you get spearco they are a good core

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dont know about Spearco (do you mean Sparco)?? Any www info?

Evoboy, I meant can you tell me how good they are, if they are really that much of an improvement?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts