Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I never use it, because I'm normally to busy hanging on to the steering wheel!! You can get an auto version from PE though...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Use it before going on a long hard country lane drive. Gives a bit more help to keep the intake temps down and it does work. Very rairly use it when driving along as most of the water will just get blown of the i/c due to the airflow through it.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The nozzles are naff, they just dribble and don't spray. I might invest the Autospeed auto jobbie and nozzles come the summer, not much point in winter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Colin/ Andy

Where are the nozzles for the sprayer? I don't know if mine works.

Andy,

How can you tell if the i/c temp is reduced? (I guess this is something to do with your home-brew sensors, you rocket scientist, you!)

I've used mine once, only 'cos I was giving it some stick and remembered. Couldn't tell whether it did anything or not!

P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the E5 onwards there are 4 nozzles. 2 spray the IC and the other 2 spray the radiator.
The IC ones are mounted in the bumper above the IC and spray downwards on to the front of the IC.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do all evo6 have these, or just the maks. if they do where are they, i haven't noticed the button yet!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Auto version is the way to go, as charge temp's get to hot or to high,for arguement sake 40 degrees then the Ecu or apexi will atuomatically
bring the Water injection/spray on!! so your engine doesn't retard ignition timing,some tuners don't like water injection, but I know that it also helps a to stop detination to an extent,,just from experience

Hope this helps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
funny you should talk about this been talking about this very thing today rs components do a 12 dc timer unit £20 all you have to do is wire this in simple to do in ten mins and then you can set the water spray from 10 secs to 6 mins simple and very cheap to do . worth it for the summer ..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
...or if you don't mind a bit of wiring you could spend about £39 (plus courier) and get the fully auto Autospeed jobbie that monitors the IC temps, learns your use of the car then predicts when to spray the intercooler and for how long. The fully boxed, wired version inclusive of 2-5 day DHL from Oz is £98.55. Add on a couple of decent spray nozzles that Autospeed do to replace the standard Evo dribblers and you get a decent kit for £121 all in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just bought this , am in the process of installing now. Shortly I will b offering it with a wiring loom ready 2 chuck straight in an Evo , or fully fitted and set up if required.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
will you let me no how good it is mate have you upgrade the pump to ERL WATER INJECTION PUMP ??????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
H,
I can obtain nozzles in the UK if I find them necessary , same goes 4 the pump except I wouldln't buy the ERL due 2 cost , I wud use a large flow pump from a headlight washer system off a Porsche (they r good 4 something :)) or wotever.

I know every1 thinks the stock nozzles r crap but u need 2 remember that when the car is moving the airstream will atomize the spray , anyway we'll c.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts