Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just postng this cos I'm really pleased I've found it.
I've an EVO I with the 'mystery button' next the handbrake. Intercooler water squirter I've been told, but a) nothing happens when I press it and b) everyone says only evo III onwards had em.
Well I've found it. All you EVO I and amp; II drivers out there. There is a small black motor on the left side of the windscreen washer bottle. small and lowdown. That has a pipe that leads to the intercooler. Mine wasn;t working as the plastic elecy connector had been disconnected. I plugged it back in and it works a treat !
So if yours doesn't seem to do anything, check for a connector not plugged in (mine was green).
I've off to tell my friend with the Scooby WRX that I've an intercooler washer... He'll probably think it really is for keeping it clean. http://www.ltregister.force9.co.uk/graphics/Happy.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >
TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Don't mean to be rude but:

Couldn't you tell that the drawing on the switch is an intercooler with water spraying on it?

I'm thinking of setting up a simple switch so that my intercooler sprays automatically at full throttle. Has anyone tried this yet?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm the intercooler spray again!!! seems a popular topic here, i read( some where) recently that on Makinnens car the spray does so automatically at specific boost,ambient temperature and throttle settings, perhaps you should talk to him(only joking) this is run by the ECU, personally i dont envisage using it, its only included on `our` cars for Homogolation rules.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just for the record chaps,M.A.Developments is in the process of upgrades for Evo v/VI and the intercooler spray decreases the air intake temperatur by 10%, so in really hot temps of intake 42 degrees C this would have an influence on performance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, the switch marking does look like a radiator being squirted, but when the mags tell you only evo III onwads has it, and when you press it bugger all happens you do start to wonder.
You don't exactly get a owners manual on an grey import

1 - 5 of 5 Posts