Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience of removing an Evo VI intercooler.
I have been advised that the bumper will need to come off to gain access to the intercooler.
So far I have removed every screw, bolt fixing clip etc. and still the bumper will not come off.
Has anyone got any diagrams for the Evo to help locate the problem.
Any suggestions, please.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to take the bumper off my 6 to fit the fog lights. I took out all of the fasteners shown in the workshop manual (and a few more I think) and the thing would not move. I got scared of breaking it by pulling too hard. In the end I got a local rally team to fit them (£50). Still non the wiser on how the bumper comes off though. try asking a Mitsi dealer and see if they know. I do know that the diagram in the workshop manual doesn't shed any light on it though.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fellas !
It's easy removing the front bar. I'm guessing you haven't removed the four bolts which attach the bar to the chassis rails (two each side). Accessed from under the car.
Pull the bar slightly up, and pull forward - disconnect the cooler spray lines.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice one Bruce, 4 bolts later and the Bumper dropped straight off.

So I had been waisting my time on all those other fixings. Now I know why I didn't become a mechanic.

Sorry the old intercooler was mashed on the motorway by something, it still holds pressure but I don't think you would want it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts