Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm going to get my intercooler pipes powder coated as it's less elbow work than trying to polish them. I'm stuck for the right colour to go with. I'm leaning towards black but does anyone have any alternative colours that would look good ? :)

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,843 Posts
Get the aluminium anodised Red, buy some blue silicone joiners - job done :handsup:

Nah black will look good. If they are aluminium (they should be) get them black anodised not powder coated imo.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Any recommendations on who can do the powder coating?

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out they can get old intercooler pipes looking like new at the powder coaters so im taking them dow and we will say what they say with thier chrome coating :)

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up get them done in a matt black and its exactly how I expected them to look. I'm now thinking of getting my cam cover done the same way :)

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,843 Posts
I ended up get them done in a matt black and its exactly how I expected them to look. I'm now thinking of getting my cam cover done the same way :)
Look good like that. Going by your avatar maybe do the cam cover in White? OR even better get some White Silicone joiners for the pipes. There is a Roose motorsport group buy on here already. :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,843 Posts
Reactions: stevebt

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Who does a decent job at powder coating?

·
Premium Member
10,667 Posts
Sorry I didn't mean the upper, I meant the lower one. Turbo to IC gets hot, but I assume you haven't done that one?

Intercooler pipes carry cool air, its not paint its powder coated :)

Here is my last cars engine bay and everything was powder coated red in that engine with no issues ;)

·
Premium Member
10,667 Posts
To the turbo? The turbo compresses the air then it goes through the first pipe in to the cooler. This is the pipe I mean. It's on the drivers side

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To the turbo? The turbo compresses the air then it goes through the first pipe in to the cooler. This is the pipe I mean. It's on the drivers side
The pipe to the turbo is fine to be powder coated, I have had thrre sets of intercooler pipes all powder coated and all running to garret gt35's

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
VXR... I've had some wheels done in Hirwaun at PPS ltd powder coating done a nice job for me, 01685 810066 Rae.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts