Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
You could remove the black completely for a silver grille or replace it with different stainless steel mesh.

I've tried powder coating the grille, but still not very good. Better than paiting it though.

Or replace it with a black plastic mesh that won't chip.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well , I have a spare that I was gonna look at getting P/coated so its good to know that its better than stock.

Silver would be the way forward but I just dont like it. I know a chap close to my work thats got the STI 340 thing and the whole front is silver mesh ... I dont like it

:(

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
A lot of the stainless mesh can be quite thick and very noticeable. If you can get a finer mesh or clean up the standard one I think they look pretty good on a light coloured car.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Shrader I didn't think you drove your car fast enough to get stone chips??

Arrrhh is it from cars going in the opposite direction to you :lol:

what colour is your intercooler?? Mines a kinda dirty brown. Must remove bumper at same time and scrub it clean :D

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I done mine last summer , what I did was to buy a can of matt black spray paint , spray some paint into the cap then use a fine paintbrush to cover the silver bits , it takes ages and its messy (wear a pair of those gloves from the petrol station) but it works....it doesnt last tho , mine needs done again now!!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Shrader said:
can ye not? hmm r u sure ? Ive a local plating /PCoating place that recon it will be ok ?

:eek:
Nope. Theres a reason its alloy, and not painted. Its there to cool air. Having paint on it will act like a warm winters coat.

Doing the mesh on the bumper though will be fine, in case weve all got our wires crossed.

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Dmac1969 said:
I done mine last summer , what I did was to buy a can of matt black spray paint , spray some paint into the cap then use a fine paintbrush to cover the silver bits
Exactly what I do about every 6 months ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.