Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am going to put an intercooler on my lancer 200 EX, for moment with ECi original not turned so. And i would like to know, if this intercooler was not too big for the lancer? In little time, i am going to make some modifications on turbocharger ( T35 from sierra cossie), so could this intercooler be good and able to fix on the lancer, and good with ECI o"riginal" and /or ECI turned?

Thanks a lot.
Response here or [email protected]

NB : i am looking after ECU chipped and too pictures/schemas from rolling car to let make one because...
:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think the intercooler is not too big, but you' d better adjust the boost up to around 12 psi to take the benefit of the intercooler. The standard engine can support 12 psi easily.

The intercooler should be good enough for further modifications too.
:coolsm: :coolsm: :coolsm:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It'll be fine. If you want to use high boost, you may want to change the plastic end tanks for some ally ones.

·
Registered
70 Posts
IIRC they're good for 300 bhp, I can find out what sort of boost some of my mates are running on standard I/C's if it helps, I'm a closet Saab fan :blush:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thanks for reply to everyone.
So PAco you can have this sort of IC :) , it is intersesting...

NB : is there a person who can explian eaisily ( so in "vbad english :)) what is the use of turning ECI and how can we do?( because the ECI looks like quite difficult for me)

What is abour ECU "tuning", somebody can make that still?

·
Registered
121 Posts
With a turned ECI you can connect it with the intercooler in the shortest way without any bends. I turned mine by using a special plate made of aluminium.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok for the the fact that the inox tube for a intercooler si straigter and smaller, but how to do the turning? We must create a plate in alu to move? what about the rotation( 120°?). We just have to make a plate to permit the turn of the ECI unit, without other thing at my point of view?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts