Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before i start i'll introduce my self, i'm called steve i'm from leeds i'm 20, soon 2 be 21, i'm a self employed plumber,

currently i have a ford transit and have a stripped and caged 106 rallye modified by myself and now producing 162bhp (not bad from a 1.6 8v)

i have been offered a evo 7 gsr in blue 52reg 15,000 miles on the clock from a mate i've known for a long time now,

does anyone know of a insurance company that will insure me at 21? i know most are 25, any help would be great

oh and please dont start sayin your to young and carnt handle it, i've done loads of track days in alsorts from my 106 rallye to a m3 csl a caterham and a radical,

·
Premium Member
MLR Regional Organiser South London (ish)
3,545 Posts
Hi Steve,

i think most of the specilist won't but admiral, elephant etc... will but at a price like me!

hope that helps

·
Registered
305 Posts
iv been getting quotes for a car im picking up this weekend, most places wont touch me and im 21, so far best have been bell, diamond etc. sky insurance, adrian flux etc you have to be 23+

anyone has some reccomendations id like to hear em :)

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
All the best with it dude, you might need a career in narcotics to fund it though.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Elephant, Admiral and maybe Bell would be your best bet mate. :smthumbup

Good luck with the quotes and sit down when they tell you them (I do) :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the warm welcom everyone, i'll try some of the big one's like admril and elephant tomorrow, i'll keep thinks updated on here and wiv any look you might see a post saying i'm the happyest bloke in the world cause i've got my childhood dream car and a awsome machine.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
thanks for the warm welcom everyone, i'll try some of the big one's like admril and elephant tomorrow, i'll keep thinks updated on here and wiv any look you might see a post saying i'm the happyest bloke in the world cause i've got my childhood dream car and a awsome machine.
I remember when i was 21 & was after quotes for a sapphire cossie some just laughted at me but it never put me off it & i got a great result in the end Just dont give up mate someone will quote u happy may cost you a body part or summat :D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
not to make you feel worse but I just got our first insurance quote under £1,000, woop. Wife 25 with 6 years no claims I am 28 with 3 points and one accident that was my fault in 2006 which the other driver did not claim on. £900. Paid £1,800 when I was 26 with 6 points and same accident. Dread to think what it would have been if I was 21 good luck.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
im paying 1,700 im 34 have an evo 5 reason being made a claim last year for a fire and lost my ncb it was my own insurance that quoted me this others wanted 3k+ so id say ur chances are slim an none

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
have just sold my evo 7 to a lad whos 21 he is fully comp for just under 1500 will text him and try and find out who its with for you:smthumbup

when i was 20 i had my first cossie and was payin 1200 deals are out there mate keep tryin:smthumbup

·
Registered
188 Posts
Im 27 with a evo7 and just got a quote off admiral for just over £500 :mhihi: half price from last year:smthumbup

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i've just had a quote for £1300 fully comp for when i'm 21 with 1 yr ncb wooooooop wooooop good times

·
Registered
12,391 Posts
i've just had a quote for £1300 fully comp for when i'm 21 with 1 yr ncb wooooooop wooooop good times
dont crash.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts