Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi mate,

Have just had a quote of £775 fully comp on an Evo Vii standard spec, worth £17000 kept on drive with Cat 1 security, male age 32, no accidents claims or convs had insurance with them before on scoob WRX.

Maybe different to your situation maybe some where to start mate.

:) Paxo

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
This old chestnut again ;)

Download this:
http://www.lancerregister.com/art_evobuyersguide.php

Hugh list of insurance companies in there.

I have both my cars insured with elephant.co.uk

Standard S2000, female driver, 7 years NCB, 26 years old, 4k miles a year with 26 year old male, 3 points, 6 years NCB. £812 fully comp. LS postcode

Standard Evo VIII MR RS, male driver, 3 points, 6 years NCB, 26 years old, 4k miles a year, 26 year old female, 7 years NCB, £738 fully comp. LS postcode.

Evo went up £170 for stage 1 mods + boost controller.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi paul, was having a look a few days back, the best i have found so far were Norwich union, am 36, 7 yrs no claims 3 points and live in London 10k miles a year protected no claims, comes out at £1180.00, thats a GSR Evo 6 or a Tommy Mak, for some weird reason some companies put a higher rate for the GSR as opposed to the Tommy Mak, the Tommy was sold through Ralliart so thats why the cheaper price and dont treat them as imports but some companies just treat them the same, from 7's and above they come out at around the same price as above 1-6's are more expensive, hope that helps.

Hey Bazza, try living in London, mate it's no fun, we get hit hard, gives me the right hump, i reckon you would be looking at around £2000 this way, i got a mokey quote for 2.6k!!!!!! i'm an old fart for fooks sake

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Chappers, I am originally from Kent. About 40 miles out of London. I know mate. I used to pay £1800 a year on my IV GSR just 2 years ago :rolleyes:

Its a joke mate :blah:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Tell me about it, i tryed to wangle it with the insurance company i'm with and said that the car would be kept at my moms 13 miles away, £400.00 quid cheaper under lock n key, short of armed guards, they said nope, coz you i live in London i may be driving into London every now and then, whats that all about :confused:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks bazza, i tried elephant and it was over a grand for a evo6. :eek: . Im 26 with no convictions and my missus is 25 also a clean slate. Im looking at a car this weekend, if it is nice i might ask for your second if your up for it thanks again

·
Registered
55 Posts
sweets said:
if you haven`t already try www.belldirect.co.uk i have just insured my evo 8 mr 320 with them today £580 with protected no claims.i am 35 with clean licence (at the mo) and 9 yrs ncd.
I'd second this suggestion - I've just taken out a policy with them as they offered the best deal (For ST200 Mondeo) and using a search engine online they were also the cheapest for an Evo VII which I want next. :coolsm:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts