Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Can anyone help me , i'm thinking of buying an EVO6 , problem is i can't seem to get a reasonable quote for the insurance , i am male 34 full no-claims, no convictions and i still can't get a quote for less than 900 fully comp , very annoying indeed .
Drove one and now i want one HELP :cry:

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Hi.

I live *near* Swindon in one of the lower postcode area's, am 34, full no claims with no convictions and have owned the car for 2 years (this does help, first year in a powerful car tends to get loaded) all mods declared and i don't pay a huge amount less than 900 quid.

One of the prices to pay for near supercar performance is near supercar insurance premiums i am afraid.

You could give Jez or Scott a call at Pace Ward Financial and see what they can do for you?

http://www.pw-f.co.uk/index_pw.htm

·
Premium Member
Jesus built my car
38,798 Posts
stinky said:
Hi all
Can anyone help me , i'm thinking of buying an EVO6 , problem is i can't seem to get a reasonable quote for the insurance , i am male 34 full no-claims, no convictions and i still can't get a quote for less than 900 fully comp , very annoying indeed .
That's a good quote. Maybe an evo isn't for you?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Weebl said:
You could give Jez or Scott a call at Pace Ward Financial and see what they can do for you?

http://www.pw-f.co.uk/index_pw.htm
:crackup:

Am I the only person in the world who has had nothing but bad service from PWF :confused: This is not a sinister dig at them but just a record of what has happened....

I phoned them over 2 weeks ago for a quote on my new car and was told I would get a call back the same day..... Have still heard nothing. Even if they couldn't get a good quote then a courtesy call back to inform me of this would be nice.

I phoned back today and spoke to a lady who informed me that nobody could help me as all staff were on training :rolleyes: I asked if it was a course in how to phone potential customers back :)

Anyways, took my business elsewhere and Admiral now have their hands on my £830 :D

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
R-Jay said:
I phoned back today and spoke to a lady who informed me that nobody could help me as all staff were on training :rolleyes: I asked if it was a course in how to phone potential customers back :)
The irony was lost I assume? :crackup:

·
Super Moderator
7,386 Posts
R-Jay said:

Am I the only person in the world who has had nothing but bad service from PWF :confused: This is not a sinister dig at them but just a record of what has happened....

I phoned them over 2 weeks ago for a quote on my new car and was told I would get a call back the same day..... Have still heard nothing. Even if they couldn't get a good quote then a courtesy call back to inform me of this would be nice.

Anyways, took my business elsewhere and Admiral now have their hands on my £830 :D
Hello R-Jay

ive been with Pace ward for a few years now and have never had a problem :cool: some times you just need to phone jeremy (insbro) and insist on speaking with him personally.

Cheers gaz

Ps hows the big ass V8 :cool: :coolsm:

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
R-Jay said:

Rich

I replied on the last thread or was it the one before that?

To re state you had intimated that our quote of £900 was TOO MUCH

Jez

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
InsBro said:
Rich

I replied on the last thread or was it the one before that?

To re state you had intimated that our quote of £900 was TOO MUCH

Jez
Sorry, but I have never received a quote from you at any point!

EDITED TO ADD:

To be honest, I find the tone of your reply pretty galling. Do you run the customer service training at your company :confused:

It would have been far easier to say "Sorry about that mate, there must have been a misunderstanding, we can insure you car and the price would be £xxx" :mad:

What has happened to customer service in this country :(

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
R-Jay said:
Sorry, but I have never received a quote from you at any point!

EDITED TO ADD:

To be honest, I find the tone of your reply pretty galling. Do you run the customer service training at your company :confused:

It would have been far easier to say "Sorry about that mate, there must have been a misunderstanding, we can insure you car and the price would be £xxx" :mad:

What has happened to customer service in this country :(
I was symperthetic on the other thread, maybe you should read the threads where you diss peoples businesses?

Just a thought ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
stinky said:
Hi all
Could you tell me how you managed to get it so low m8, or rather who? I have similar details to you and pay £1100, I can only dream of a quote as low as yours.

·
OAP
1,832 Posts
No problems with Pace Ward here either. Spoke to Scott today regarding cover for my new MR320 - all sorted within 20 minutes. Even better he reckoned the premium would be about £680 on renewal :D Mind you I am a veerrryyyy old man :crackup:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Flamesuit on...

One of my main reasons for joining the MLR was to get "the MLR discount from the MLR official insurer".

Turns out pace ward are (for me) about £500 a year more than direct line, tesco and all the rest of em...and yes that includes the MLR discount!

I dont get it?

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
EvoFan said:
Flamesuit on...

One of my main reasons for joining the MLR was to get "the MLR discount from the MLR official insurer".

Turns out pace ward are (for me) about £500 a year more than direct line, tesco and all the rest of em...and yes that includes the MLR discount!
While I don't know the in's and out's of your stuff, you cannot be all things to all men, no insurance company in the world is able to be the cheapest/best for all circumstances.

While i don't know if it is true in this case, i know some insurers are more expensive for what they consider higher risk people so that they can continue to be competitive for the majority.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts