Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had my insurance renewal come through and it has actualy gone down.

I am now paying £1300 per year. Is this a good price and does anyone know of any
other good companies or brokers I can call.

I have looked through some of the threads but cant find any information.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I pay £1280 - but -

1) you know the mods on my car (and so do the insurance company)...!
2) Covered for fulll business use.
3) Wife is covered.
4) Free unlimited trackday cover (£1000 excess)
5) Full Gold cover
6) Whenver I put another driver on (e.g. trackdays) it is free
7) Car is not garaged
8) No mileage limitation

Good deal I think! Interestingly my M5 costs exactly the same, as does my wife's XKR! Must just be a price band or something....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blade,

What company are you insured with and do you have their contact details.

Many thanks.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A One insurance -don't have the details handy, but have posted them on here before, so do a search 4 them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try Frizzel on 0800 272 333. If you join the CSMA (Civil Service Motorists Association, £30 per annum) and quote member code ACSA, you will probably be amazed at their quote, I know I was (£598, £300 lower than any other quote). I'm not sure if you have to be in the civil service to join the CSMA, but it's worth a try! Incidentally, when I rang up, I told them I was about to join the CSMA and they said no probs, they will include an application form in the paperwork. Got to be worth getting a quote, anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want to see a high quote, try living in a London postal code. Seems you need tracker, garage, rotweilers guards etc to get a reasonable premium :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try A-Plan, Newbury. Performance car section. And Tett Hamilton, I believe they give MLR discount. Numbers are here somewhere, try searching. Tesco are always competitive.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pondy,

When you say try searching do you mean search through all of the threads or use the search facility on the site. The reason I ask is that every time I use the search facility on the site its as as good as useless.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I live in London and my Evo 6 GSR is on the street overnight, I am covered for business use and I pay £1320 with protected no claims. I called around quite a bit and most insurers declined or insisted on a tracker and still wanted over £1500 (including A plan and amp; Tescos). Depends on your own circumstances but try Bell Direct on 0800 140 170 or http://www.belldirect.co.uk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steel

That's about in line with what I am paying for my extreme. What really upsets me is that the car is parked off road behind locked electric gates and they say it makes no difference than if the car was on the road! If it was garaged it would save me £300 per year!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Steel,

I am insured with Bell Direct at the moment but thought I might try and get a more competative quote else where. I havent found one yet. Tesco's asked for £1800.

I will keep trying.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A Plan contact phone number 0845 071 1234. I'm paying £900 with zorst, filter, spring mods. On an E6 GSR 'grey'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi,

Mmm, £1300.00 doesnt sound too bad, it depends on which model lancer you have?, Your age?, Your postcode etc.

As some of you may know we have just finalised a Insurance Scheme for MLR Members and full details including a freepost quotation form will be in the next members magazine. Im not going to claim we are going to be the most competitive every time but we do give 110% in effort to get the best deal we can for you.

Advice is always free, So why not give me a call.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks to everyone that has replied.

A big thanks to HOMERDOG who has just saved me about £300 with Frizzels.

I will be accepting there quote tommorrow.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you have your renewal notice with the figure on on it Barclays will guarantee to beat it !!! Worked for me ...

Can't remember the number but will post it here tomorrow...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just like to say I am picking up my first Evo tomorrow hopefully and had to change Insurance companies because my existing one point-blank refused to cover me.

I went thru all the companies on this list and went with Iain at Tett Hamilton in the end.

Just abouth cheapest quote (beat Tesco by £100) and he really did go to a lot of trouble to sort me out on short notice.

Cheers mate,

Phil

1 - 20 of 22 Posts