Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After purchasing a nice dump valve at the Autosport show for my E6, my insurance company informs me that it is too big a risk to insure the car with the new valve fitted.
I already have a full magnex de-cat and blitz filter, so what's the deal? The broker also mentioned that premiums are going to soar' this year. As if I've not heard that before!!!

Surely it does not make that much of an improvement. It's currently sitting all shiny and new in a kitchen cupboard.
By the way the insurance is with AXA via A-plan. Not next year it won't be!!??!!

Totally pee'd off....John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After purchasing a nice dump valve at the Autosport show for my E6, my insurance company informs me that it is too big a risk to insure the car with the new valve fitted.
I already have a full magnex de-cat and blitz filter, so what's the deal? The broker also mentioned that premiums are going to soar' this year. As if I've not heard that before!!!
Surely it does not make that much of an improvement. It's currently sitting all shiny and new in a kitchen cupboard.
By the way the insurance is with AXA via A-plan. Not next year it won't be!!??!!

Totally pee'd off....John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So bad he said it twice!

I must admit that is a bummer. So who are the mod friendly insurers out there?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chunky had a section on his web site with insurers who quoted for Evo's, though I expect there to be a few drop-outs now. Im with Norwich Union and have all the mods covered and unlimited track cover - car is an Imported 6. Not looking forward to renewal in February though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

You may remeber me ? I work for Tett Hamilton Insurance.

Yep AXA dont like mods,maybe a set of wheels and an air filter and that is about it.

Probably only Norwich union will quote, we have been in touch with a couple of insurers recently about the UK EVO'S and they still dont want to know?

This past year fewer and fewer companies are quoting on the Grey Imports hopefully as soon as some more do, they will all jump on the bandwagon and join in. maybe on the newer stuff as we have heard they are changing the SVA testing on Imports this year.

If your stuck give me a call on 01275 856618. As I said probably only Norwich Union will do it, but I may be able to give you a discount on the premium.

Damian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John,
I'm with AXA,A-plan for my E6 and recently told them about full Magnex exhaust, Blitz induction kit and lowering springs, to which they charged me an extra £60.

When I phoned round in July last year they where the cheapest by around £500

Does'nt sound good for this year though !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damian

Perhaps you could ask Helen to ring me about my renewal, as I spoke to her last week, but she hasn't phoned back! Admiral are quoting me £958 on my VI (37, PNCB, £350 xs), including Magnex exhaust and Blitz filter for only £40. A-Plan were £895, with £500 xs. All the insurance brokers I have spoken to have said that anything less than £1000 is a bargain (!?).

Daryl
01273 517082

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried Tett-Hamilton for my evo II. Pretty competitive, along with another company who I have mentioned before but now forget the name. However in the end Direct Line gave me the best deal. The real clincher was the low excess compared to everyone else's £5/600 quid. Direct Line's was about a third of that. Cover includes upgraded exhaust, airfilter and nice wheels. Unfortunately they neglected to tell me I needed a tracker in addition to the cat 1 alarm until after I had bought the car. Gits!
32 full NCB clean licence.

Will be looking for renewel in the summer so will try the good chaps at Tett Hamilton again along with plenty of others I suspect if Direct Line goes up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts