Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi could anyone tell me, how long will it take to get paid for my written off tme?and what sort of price will i get it back for? cheers dave

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I managed to negotiate a deal with my insurance company within 3 weeks of the crash.

Just after I got the cheque they cancelled it as the engine had died in the interim and it seems they weren't keen on my removing the RS bits from it, despite being given permission by the assessor.

I cancelled the claim and went straight after the third paryt at fault. I then had to speak liase with another engineer and he agreed to write it off but allow me to keep the salvage that I then sold. This time it took 4 weeks from the date the assessor saw it.

Both times the agreed value was based on the market value of the car. I helped this by providing adverts that showed similar cars. It was important to do this based on the rarity of the RSX.

·
Registered
357 Posts
mine payed out in 10 days and i got the full price it was insured for as when i took out the policy i did tell them i wanted an agreed value

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
Should only take them 4 weeks or so unless you get into a big argument about the value. If you reported the claim quickly there's not excuse for it taking more than 14 days to inspect the car, engineer's report should be with them within a week and an offer made within a further 7 days. If you haven't had an offer by then, ring them up and bug them like hell. And like Adamantium says, if you dispute their valuation, clippings from Autotrader, jap car mags or printed off threads from our For Sale section will help to support your claim.

·
Premium Member
10,765 Posts
Usually about a month. Happend to me a while back, I got the payout (more than expected) and was able to keep the car too.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Depends how much you argue about the amount they give you and assessors reports etc. A month is quite long enough for the first cheque. Always turn around and say the first payment isnt enough because its virtually always below the cars true value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts