Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got an evo 6 and when my insurance ran out in feb i didnt renew it. due to moving house i thought id save a bit of money and keep it off the road for couple months. now everything is sortred and the sun was shining i decided it was time to put my evo back on the road but upon calling the insurance company (tesco) they told me that thier policy has changed and i have to be 25 to drive that car and they wont insure me again i was 23 in jan and have 4 yrs ncd and i cant get insured anywhere now. ive tried confused.com with no joy. does anyone no of a company that will insure me. if not the car will have to go. PLEASE HELP...

·
Registered
252 Posts
A Plan (01635 874 646) are the way to go. They dont seem to care about age or mild mods. I called hundreds and they are best by far. Make sure you tell them that you have been driving the car for a year already.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Try InsBro (MLR name). He owns/works at Pace Ward who are the official MLR insurance people. Sometimes good, sometimes not but worth a shot.

Or try Norwich Union (www.quotemehappy.com)

Most major insurers have changed they're policy to we wont insure under 25's on Evo's!! Best of luck anyway.

·
Registered
252 Posts
martincarew said:
Try InsBro (MLR name). He owns/works at Pace Ward who are the official MLR insurance people. Sometimes good, sometimes not but worth a shot.
Unfortunately when I got a quote last month Pace Ward couldn't get anywhere near A Plan for under 25s.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Jonny L said:
Unfortunately when I got a quote last month Pace Ward couldn't get anywhere near A Plan for under 25s.
Fair enough - did say sometimes he can help, sometimes he cant. Depends on your driving history, where you live etc. Prices always vary from person to person and are rarely the same

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
phoned a-plan insurance and they were able to give me a quote at 1700 , which is cheaper than my original renewal with tescos came through at. it looks like i might not have to sell my baby after all. thanks for your help guys. :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Don't know if you've given up yet, but if not, give Direct Line a go.... works for me but then I'm 41 !! One of the few benefits of getting older I guess.

Best of luck and keep :) :) :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i tried lloyds and they came up with a price of 1400, after i raised the excess abit and with on online discount i managed to get it down to just above 1200. thanks for your help once again :p :p :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.