Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

No doubt this has been asked before, if so, sorry but here goes.

Having a shop round and getting some daft figures, cheapest so far £975?

With Churchill at the mo and its been reasonable but new premium hasn`t arrived yet.

Who do you insure with and what sort of figure?

I`d appreciate your advice.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,414 Posts
I have just insured mine with MCE very good service and less than 500 with protected no claims and free roadside recovery,don't forget to add your parents on if they have clean licences for a long time, it knocks the premium down don't know why but it does
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
There was an article in the press a short while ago where they were saying premiums are going up 20% this year. :rolleyes: F****ng rip off again! :goingmad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MCE?

I`ll look them up.

My average quote last year was £600ish.

A lot more this year, clean licence, mature, married, no accidents.

Don`t understand it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,832 Posts
melok said:
Hi all.

No doubt this has been asked before, if so, sorry but here goes.

Having a shop round and getting some daft figures, cheapest so far £975?

With Churchill at the mo and its been reasonable but new premium hasn`t arrived yet.

Who do you insure with and what sort of figure?

I`d appreciate your advice.

Thanks
Lucky mines £1350 :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,414 Posts
I've put the same details in at the same insurance company on different nights and the premiums have been considerably different work that one out
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,816 Posts
NEAKY said:
I've put the same details in at the same insurance company on different nights and the premiums have been considerably different work that one out
Simple :)

They all make it up as they go along :D

You never see the "working out" so they can tell you what they want. If they quote high and you accept, then they make loads of money - IF you don't stack it.

If you query it - they may drop the price. If not, you go somewhere else.....

I contact around 50 companies each year :eek:.

Do a search for Aidy's insurance company list.....

Steve (£650, VIII MR FQ300, parked on road, 22 years NCB, 1 at fault claim just over 2 years ago)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I`ll give them a try Kenny, thanks.

Neaky, tried MCE, £550! Superb, thanks.

How the hell can it range from £550 to over a £1000 though for the same car, driver, detail?

Its b*ll*x.

Not happy, rant over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,764 Posts
the MLR have an insurance scheme through Pace Ward, i tried them and they beat my quote :) i'm paying £1100 fully comp :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
melok said:
I`ll give them a try Kenny, thanks.

Neaky, tried MCE, £550! Superb, thanks.

How the hell can it range from £550 to over a £1000 though for the same car, driver, detail?

Its b*ll*x.

Not happy, rant over.
Thats nothing, if a company really doesnt want your business they will happily quote over 2 grand. Happened to me, after a briefly amusing "I think I miss heard you, did you really say TWO thousand" conversation, I swiftly moved on down the list!

Am with Admiral now, about 720 fully comp and protected. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Yeah... anyone got contact info for MCE??

I currently drive a 400bhp TT Supra and only pay about £600 to £700ish.

Got a quote for a stock Evo IV from elephant and it was £1200!! Work that one out?!

I'm 27 with 3years NCB.


Edit : just tried admiral on a stock Evo IV and got a quote of £777 fully comp.

Wonder how different it would be if I said the engine had Evo6 pistons/shells and an Evo 5 interior??? (or would they even know??)
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top