Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this has been done before (i read all the archive stuff), but i need some help.

Insurance quote (best): A Plan: £1850
Insurance quote (worst): Norwich Union: £3270

has anyone got any more suggestions i am a 28 year old designer, 5 years NCB, Loughton in essex, car on drive with Cat 1 and Tracker, Exhaust and Filter Mods, Wife, other car stolen 2 years ago (no fault), and no points and no convictions.

now to me i dont sound to bad a gamble but as you can from prices not good, anyone got any recommendations for insurance companies.

thanks....lee :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy sh**, what hope is there for me then???? 23 year old, female, license 4 1/2 yrs, 0 yrs no claims, 1 accident - but nuff said about that.

Good luck Lee.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cannot advise on any company but I wonder how much difference the mods make. For instance, my Extreme doesn't seem to be that much more than a standard car, once you take into account the increased value. However, try insuring a standard car that has been modified to the same as an Extreme and the insurance goes through the roof ( at least that's what my insurance agent says). possibly your very mild mods are costing you a lot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am with Directline (31yrs, 3 yrs ncb, 2 accidents in last 2 yrs (one my fault, other not, no speeding offences)

£1200.00

Called Directline a couple of weeks ago and told them I was going to change the exhaust and air filter and they said OK.

Called them this week and told them I was going to do a track day with an instructor and they said OK.

Perhaps we should have a seperate area on the BBS that lists us (if we want to be listed) with our insurer,mods,premium cost etc etc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try Privilege Insurance, Tel no 0113 292 5555, they are part of Direct line but specialize in performance cars. I'm 34, Fully comp cover, Import E6, not garaged, full no-claims, clean licence, £3500 of registered mods - suspension, exhaust, filter, 18 wheels etc, free unlimited fully comp track day cover, windscreen cover, courtesy car if being repaired - £1137.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nobody ever answered this, but I asked you if you are allowed to get insurance from abroad. I guess the UK is part of the EU so you should be able to do this. Has nobody tried it? No info no one?? Note that I pay GBP 750 for insurance (27 yo) so I am asking this question for you guys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
£1660 fully comp through bell direct 22 4 ncb no claims and no speeding fines yet (prety sure they are in the post as we speak!)
this was the best i could get as i was only 21 when i was insuring it 6 months ago ,i had a qoute of £8500 at first but was deturnined to own an evo.
Dafydd

ps this is on a new uk supplyed e6 gsr.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lee,

Try Admiral, they are pretty good with imported cars. Most insurance companies are now loading under 30's by approx 40% on evos.

My insurance is put in my wife's name 'cos she's got the ncb, she's 27, me 33. £1077 from Tesco. A-Plan were next cheapest for us. Brokers have different schemes with insurance companies at different times

It depends on where you live too don't forget. Insurance quotes are totally individual, depending on ALL circumstances. I phoned a company for a quote (can't remember which one now), they gave me a quote of £950.00 until I told them wifey has 3 points for speed camera (38 in 30), they wouldn't insure us!

Phone every insurance brokers on the planet, you should get a reasonable quote eventually.

PS Privilege, direct line and Tesco all use the same underwriters.

P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bell Direct: wouldnt insure no listing for TME
Admiral: wouldnt insure no listing for TME
Direct Line: £2010

i really dont understand this at all, i am having real agro because 50% of brokers count the TME as a import so wont touch it.

Pondy: loughton is a pretty well off area (even though i am not), so i dont think i am being stung for that
ive got one: is your car modded at all??

any more suggestions??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you tried Adrian Flux?

Try phoning the companies that don't have the Tommi listed and giving them the names of insurance brokers that do! Sometimes they share info, will add it to their list by getting risk assessment info from the companies that do! If you do this speak to customer services or someone in management, the kids in the call centres know nothing and if it ain't on their screen they are not helpful at all.

P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't touch Flux with a barge-pole. They're shite in my humble opinion.

Don't know which ones you've tried, but any of these may be able to help:

A Plan 0845 0711234
Osborne and amp; Sons 020 8388 6068
Direct Line 0117 945 2468
Privilege 0113 292 5555
Hyperformance 0870 608 4314
Tesco 0845 300 9900
Admiral 0800 600 860
Diamond 0800 362 434 (Girlies only, but useful in Pondys circumstances)
Footman and amp; James 0121 561 4196
Adrian Flux 08700 777888

I pay (or tecnically speaking, my missus does) £950.00 on my IV with induction kit/exhaust/cat replacement via A-Plan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Try Crowthorne Insurance in Berkshire (01344 771626), we have got the Paj Evo through them for £750 with protected no claims. The policy is with N.I.G.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
got insured for a spankin 6 am 30yrs old in suffolk 5yrsncb and for the missus to for 1094 icl tax etc.

company called insurance world axa agents. myself only was about 850 quid.

i can get their no if required email me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got to agree with GROG. Steer clear of Adrian Flux, I'm currently with them and will be looking to change at next renewal - customer service is shite.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TRY BARCLAYS (08706001414) THEY HAVE BEEN CHEAP FOR ME IN THE PAST. IAM JUST WAITING FOR MY RENEWAL COMING THROUGH ANYTIME NOW AND IAM SURE THEY USE TO GUARENTEE TO BEAT YOUR BEST QUOTE.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts