Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a few funky Blitz ID gauges, gona install the Boost my self, I have heard it not hard at all, I need to cut a pipe from somewhere, can anyone here point me in the right direction where to cut the pipe to attach this little t-pipe connector, is there a website explaining with pictures?? How easy is it to feed through the dash from the A-pillar pod?? Thanks!
?

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Tee into black vacuum pipe (looks the same as the pipe with your gauge) left hand side of inlet manifold.I mounted my gauge next to windscreen pillar, you can just about feed pipe through gap in dash and amp; pillar.Just sits there on double sided tape supplied, looks really good.

Paul.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
browse thru this forum and you'll find a pic posted by someone... simple DIY stuff... no worries!! as for the EGT, it takes more effort tho' and you'll need some drilling skill and identify proper location on the downpipe to fit the probe. alternatively, you could remove the exhaust manifold (so that the drill dust won't stuff up your turbine later) and mount the probe between collector no. 2 and 3 for more accurate reading. i decided to fit on the downpipe, just below the upper flange... nothing to be removed and easy but the reading will be 150-200dg lower...

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Any advice as to the easiest way to get the pipe to the gauge through the bulkhead. I'm also fitting an HKS gauge and had a good look this afternoon and could not see any spare or easy routes throughto the back of the dash ( except thro the same grommet as the throttle cable - but not keen on that )

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Al,

Not sure what car you have but on the early EVO's it's easy to run the pipe through the rubber plug that takes the gear shift cables through to the engine bay. This plug is just to the left of the clutch pedal and has a metal plate retained by a couple of nuts holding it in place.

Cheers

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Route 4 boost gauge line (or any other cables 4 that matter)

Offside front wheel off , remove wheel arch liner (various QR plastic fittings , some bolts) , feed yr wotever thru the main bulkhead service gland (grommet) at the back top of the wheel arch.

Knuckle grazing stuff , especially when finding the cable etc inside the car in the steering column pedal box area , oh yes , the lower dash cover has 2 b removed to do this :)

Have fun , I did.....................not!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts