Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just come in from the cold after installing the kit. Ive yet to take her out for a test drive to see or feel any gains, but im already impressed at the visual results. Ive also been able to relocate the HSK SSQV to a more noticable spot. Before it was tucked down by the side of the battery pointing down, now ive got me some in ya face psssssssssssssttttttt!

The blue painted rocker cover was installed last week sometime, which also help drastically improve the look under the bonnet. Supplied on a part ex basis courtesy of Disco Dave. Nice one!

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
Nice one mate, glad to see you sussed it out ok :)....you should feel a slight gain in spool up... but keep an eye on boost levels as you have improved breathing dramatically from that nasty stock rubber pipe, so may creep up a tad.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it from http://www.takakaira.com/ it worked out just under 280 quid including postage. I didnt get collard for taxes :D Mr Postie brought it straight to my door.

Just one thing to say thou, if you havent used their shopping experiences before, read the full confirmation emails and do as they ask, or the order wont be processed. Also, shipping is calculated after the order is placed, they then ask you if its ok before they process, so you can always change your mind.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fitting wasnt too bad, As Ian told me, best not to tighten everything first, position it then tighten last. After removing the original pipes, i started with the ally pipe, got the sat inplace first, then messed about bolting the adaptor plate onto the MAF. The hardest bit was to figure out where the metal support bracket actually went. Down on the chassis leg, there was a plate with 2 bolts, i used the front bolt hole after removing the plate to support the MAF and filter. Again, dont tighten it all up, you may need to twist it here and there to make sure the filter eventually sits below the height of the strut top for bonnet clearance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts