Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Chaps

Was fitting some new ducting today and looking at intlet temps.

Outside was 15 and the inlet was 25 on the move and driving hard but went up to 43 when sitting in traffic :eek: but soon returned to 25 when got going again.

What i want to know is 10 d's up on air temp ok or do i need to try and get it lower or is it fine as it is ???

Thanks

Lee :D

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
The only time high inlet temps would matter is when on boost driving where ignition retarding would be needed...

Sitting in traffic doesn't really put much strain on the engine does it ;)

·
Premium Member
23,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reims said:
The only time high inlet temps would matter is when on boost driving where ignition retarding would be needed...

Sitting in traffic doesn't really put much strain on the engine does it ;)
Hi Mate

But is 10 d's higher than out side temp ok ??

Lee

·
Underground mapper
19,830 Posts
Yes because you've got no flow across the i/c so you will be getting very little heat transfer.

Andy

·
Premium Member
23,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AndyF_RSX said:
Yes because you've got no flow across the i/c so you will be getting very little heat transfer.

Andy
Thanks Andy, i new i would get heat soak but that didnt real bother me as i new it would rocket in traffic, I just want to know if the running temp was ok or not

Thanks

Lee :)

·
Premium Member
23,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i take it that running 10d's above outside temp is ok as i thought i would have had a bit more come back to the post, maybe no one knows.....lol :confused: :confused:

Lee

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
You can improve upon that.
Mine was approx 6 degrees up on ambient at 80mph cruise with standard intake pipe and Apexi filter.
Jumped to 10 degrees above ambient with HKS RS pipe and same filter.
Added some ducting from appropriate front "breast" ;) and now shows about 4 degrees over ambient.
Still much room for improvement :)
So many people put on an induction kit and forget about hot air shielding :rolleyes:
Plenty of free ponies if you get it right, and a much more responsive engine.

·
Premium Member
23,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Russs

Thats the info i was looking for :smthumbup

So a bit more airflow work is needed

Cheers

Lee :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts