Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive found some vac hose that i wanna fit for boost controller/boost gauge. Set up on the car at the moment is made up of a few joins and different dia tubing.. Question is can I use this small take off at the back of inlet (3mm)think it was for the sas but its all been removed now and blanked off. Or is it advised to use the larger take off at the front thats alot bigger and seems to be the norm to use or does it not really matter as long as it gets some pressure?

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
It'll make no difference mate as the sensor will just be sensing changes in pressure levels. It can do that from any sized port.

Use the one that's easiest (and shortest) for your install.

Paul

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Paul thought that was the case . Just finished fitting it all much neater without the joins and old tubing.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
There's something rather satisfying about tidying up the old vac pipe work, isn't there?
I did mine a while ago, removing all the surplus hosing and capping the ports. It improved the way the turbo holds boost too. :smthumbup

Paul

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too right another job off the list. Was never happy how it was, just never got round to buying the vac hose till other night :lol:

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
:fftopic: Sorry to crash your thread Darren :handsup:

....but whilst you've got a good picture up i thought i'd ask :D
On the far left in the rocker breather. Can that just be removed and blocked do you know? had dash fitting added to my rocker cover and just put it on today so wondering what to do with that bit:smthumbup

Scott

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dont see why not seen a few that have been blanked ,no use now as you have the catch can.

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
Dont see why not seen a few that have been blanked ,no use now as you have the catch can.
Thought so :smthumbup Cheers pal, again sorry for crashing the thread like that :eek:

Scott

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
On the far left in the rocker breather. Can that just be removed and blocked do you know? had dash fitting added to my rocker cover and just put it on today so wondering what to do with that bit:smthumbup

Scott
That's not really a good idea mate.

That's not a breather, it's the PCV valve or Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve. It's there to let any blow by vapour from the crank case out of the engine.
If you're going to do anything with it, vent it into a catch tank, along with the actual breather (that lets more air into the engine than vents vapour out). You can then vent the catch tank to atmosphere.
Then cap the inlet manifold PCV valve port and the inlet manifold breather port off.
If you need caps, let me know and I'll send you the details of where to get some. :smthumbup

Cleaning out your I/C and intake pipes would be beneficial after this too.

Paul

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
That's not really a good idea mate.

That's not a breather, it's the PCV valve or Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve. It's there to let any blow by vapour from the crank case out of the engine.
If you're going to do anything with it, vent it into a catch tank, along with the actual breather (that lets more air into the engine than vents vapour out). You can then vent the catch tank to atmosphere.
Then cap the inlet manifold PCV valve port and the inlet manifold breather port off.
If you need caps, let me know and I'll send you the details of where to get some. :smthumbup

Cleaning out your I/C and intake pipes would be beneficial after this too.

Paul
Been running a catch tank since i had the car but only from the usual port at the front. So was going to run the one from the back (PCV port) to the catch tank with the other joined into it then vent one to atmosphere from the catch tank, then remove the PCV pipework and block that hole on the inlet manifold..... is that right Paul?

From reading your post it confused me a little as you said "If you're going to do anything with it, vent it into a catch tank, along with the actual breather (that lets more air into the engine than vents vapour out). You can then vent the catch tank to atmosphere.
Then cap the inlet manifold PCV valve port and the inlet manifold breather port off." Which is what i was going to do.....did you get the wrong end of the stick as i hadn't expained myself properly in my first post or have i gone wrong somewhere :eek:

Scott:smthumbup

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Been running a catch tank since i had the car but only from the usual port at the front. So was going to run the one from the back (PCV port) to the catch tank with the other joined into it then vent one to atmosphere from the catch tank, then remove the PCV pipework and block that hole on the inlet manifold..... is that right Paul?
That's basically what I trying to get to mate but...

From reading your post it confused me a little as you said "If you're going to do anything with it, vent it into a catch tank, along with the actual breather (that lets more air into the engine than vents vapour out). You can then vent the catch tank to atmosphere.
Then cap the inlet manifold PCV valve port and the inlet manifold breather port off." Which is what i was going to do.....did you get the wrong end of the stick as i hadn't expained myself properly in my first post or have i gone wrong somewhere :eek:

Scott:smthumbup
... It seems I got the wrong end of the stick. :blush:

Sorry mate.

Paul

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
No problem Paul, thanks for helping out mate....just glad you confirmed what i was going to do, makes things easier :lol:

Scott :smthumbup

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Car seems to hold boost better now.. Maybe there was a leak under WOT or could just be as I reset the controller.. Hmmmm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts