Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am buying a larger turbo - HKS GT3037S (from Manuel Go). Now, I am also after larger injectors. I heard that I would need at around 800|PLS|cc injectors to chase BIG HP. For you guys out there with larger injectors, what brand of injectors will fit in the standard fuel rail? I own a Lancer EVO 4 GSR. Or would I need an aftermarket fuel rail for 800|PLS|cc injectors? I plan to run a Bosch Motorsport Fuel pump. I've heard that they are very noisy if they are mounted underneath the car (external). Is it possible to install the fuel pump inside the fuel tank? Has anyone done this before?

Cheers!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
to get 500bhp 720 or 800cc with a good ECU. The standard rail is restrictive as is the piping, so get a HKS fuel rail (or one of the US ones) and redo the fuel lines to the new pump in -6 or -8 fittings.

There are various 720 or 800cc injectors around - try to get ones made by Denso (e.g. the Sard ones are Denso - standard ones are too. Think the HKS ones are too)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blade, I got my fuel pump in (255 lph) you said my stock 550s should be ok to run 1.5 bar on my evo V. you suggest an uprated fuel fail or regulator for me too? if so, what kind would you suggest?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eric, fuel rail is only a problem over around 390-400bhp. Injectors won't go past that either, particularly with standard ECU.

Only other valid reason for upgrading to a HKS fuel rail is that it is a pretty purple color :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts