Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How good is the APS induction kit? Is it as good as others on the market? What is the induction noise like?
Please post any replies regarding other induction kits used that would be recommended!!!!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Not sure exactly what I have but it is a HKS and it looks like a green mushroom!

It sounds good, you get a good loud sucking noise and also hear the recirc dump valve when you let off so it sounds like a tasteful dump valve without putting a vent to atmos in.

If you like that sort of thing :p

·
Registered
21,179 Posts
RINGREY said:
How good is the APS induction kit? Is it as good as others on the market? What is the induction noise like?
Please post any replies regarding other induction kits used that would be recommended!!!!
The noise from the APS isnt as loud as other kits as it is relocated down in the front bumper.

Like any kit it has pros and cons. But i wouldnt have one as the get really mucky an suck in a lot of water because of their positioning. Great if you drive indoors though. :D

I have a HKS RSK. Sounds awesome, looks awesome but the filtration is ****. You cant win :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
i have an apexi air filter with heat shield. it makes a lovely turbine sound, it works well with my bov as when the turbine sound goes up the psssst of the dump valve kicks in. would reccommend it, easy to fit yourself as long as you have the right tools. I got mine from RC developments

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have the APS on my 8, car feels smoother than it did when i ran the Apexi one. Not as noisey as the apexi, but still a nice "sucking" :blush: noise with a tasteful whoosh on let off.

People mention that its location causes problems in wet etc, i haven't got my undertray on nd after driving round through flooded roads etc my cone still feels dry enough to the touch, after all its mounted in front of the wheels so only a major problem if reversing flatout everywhere!

If you're worried about the rain etc you can get a waterproof sock to go over the top, APS I/C Res looks much better too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts