Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one!

Probably yet another question asked by me and a million other guys!

I am going to buy my first performance mod for my Evo 6 soon in the shape of an Induction kit/Air filter i think.. I would like to know wich makes are the best, how much and how easy to fit are they? Also i am into the noise the make, I hear the K and amp;N is nice but this was for an evo 4... If anyone could gimme some details on them i would be greatful thanks!

I watched the little clip of a blue evo going through a bend and it was making a VERY hi pitched squeel between gear changes, what was that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have a look at http://www.evodata.cjb.net Click on 'Evo 4-6' and then 'Induction Kits/Air Filters'.
That will give you brief idea of what people think of the most popular Induction kits for the Evo 4-6. The data was complied from owners of the kit only so it is reliable info.
Note that none of the other sections on the site have been completed. I will have to finish this project off as it seems to have stalled at the moment.

The noise you hear on the gear change was probably from an aftermarket Blow Off Valve (or Dump Valve). It could have been the factory BOV if an induction kit was fitted though, it depends on how loud it was. If you like the noise then there are plenty of companies that will relieve you of anything from £50 to £250 for one. Make sure that if you do fit one it doesn't effect the fueling. Personally I think they are on of the biggest wastes of money out there, second only to turbo timers, but if you like the noise then get one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yer i agree that a aftermarket BOV is a waist of money, wich is why i would like an induction kit with a nice sound, plus the induction kit actually increases the performance of the car... Does the induction kit change or have effect on the fuelling of the car?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Djack, I have just fitted a great induction kit to my VI. It is a PiperX and only cost about £130, it gives a bit more BHP than the HKS and is a lot cheaper. It is very easy to fit with good instructions. I ordered mine from a local place in Aberdeen, but I am sure most performance parts places have them (Demon Tweeks, Ripspeed etc).

PS I also fitted a full Scorpion system including the downpipes and de-cat, BOY what a sound you get !!!!!!
The cost of this was only £400 that is cheaper than the magnex by nearly £100. If you are interested call Proven Products on 01822613200

Good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just fitted a HKS Racing Suction Kit the noise is blinding, sounds like someone sucking your engine out, got mine from coordsport (i noticed they are on sale at the moment for about £165), comes with a shiney metal pipe to the turbo as well.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree that the standard dump valve is functional but if you lift boost enough it will eventually blow open.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The HKS filter that Ralliart are selling for £165 is not the HKS Racing Suction Kit but the normal Suction kit without the alloy pipe and parts from the turbo. That one costs about £300.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Get a Blitz Sus Power metal-mesh filter for ultimate sound. There is nothing like it to wake you up on your drive to work in the morning...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had my evo 6 for a few weeks now and I'm already keen on upgrading http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

What I want to know is what can you get away with , with the insurance company and warranty?

Thx Def

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't chance it with the insurance, tell them it will only cost you an extra £50-60.
As for warranty, it shouldn't affect it. I spoke to Mitsubishi and CCC all they said is that the parts that were changed would not be covered by the warranty which I didn't expect anyway (Exhaust and Induction kit).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts