Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of changing my car to a BMW M5 i have seen.The car is fully loaded and is on a W plate with FBMWSH.The only prob is it has covered 110000 miles and does not have BMW warranty on it.Does anyone know of any really good independant warranty companies and if they are any use :confused: Any help would be much appreciated :D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Most of the independant warranty companies just insist that servicing is done by a vat registered garage either to the manufacturers schedule or every six months or 6000 miles.

Bear in mind that the list of things covered is often quite restricive, generally does not cover diagnosis (which can mount up if you have a tricky electrical problem), usually only covers "sudden mechanical failure" ie not anything that could be called wear and tear or intermittant faults and finally most main dealers and some independants will not do the repairs because the warranty companies will only pay upto a certain hourly rate.

All in all, it's often worth putting the cost of the warranty in a rainy day account and crossing your fingers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts