Lancer Register Forum banner

In the Dark! The EVO mystery.

531 views 30 replies 0 participants last post by  Dragon 
G
#1 ·
Now that Ginger mop has taken his first WRC crown (hopefully his last), Scooby owners will be shoving it in ur faces, it's bad enough the general public bought so many Impreza's but it amazes me how many people in the UK don't or didn't know of the EVO, if it doesn't say Cossie it's crap and now people who own Impreza's THINK it's God's word the Impreza's are quicker, faster, better everything to the EVO yet they have neither driven one let alone know what it's capabilities are.

They go on about Mcrae winning the WRC in 1995, OK, but ask them who won in 1996,97,98 and amp; 99 and amp; the answer will be DUNNO!!! with a dumb look on their face.

I've had people ask is it as quick as a Cossie , (ignorant ####ers). If you read a typical UK biased magazines i.e. RallyXS, I'll admit it's a decent Rally mag (it's the only dedicated Rally mag), but you look at when they review Burnsie's performance they will always go on about the Impreza's the Dogs Nads, even at the back of the magazine, where they show the WRC winners from 1979 to present, well for 1995 They quote 'the Impreza's clean up', but when the following year the point's gap of Tommi's EVO 3 was huge and as he destroyed the opposition the car doesn't get a mention, even though in 96 aussie round of the WRC all the cars drowned in the water splash apart from the EVO.

Point is joe public do not want to recognise the true on-goings in the WRC, e.g. When Tommi wins it's a fluke e.g. Safari 96, but when Burns wins it's world class driving and the Impreza is the best WRC car out there, You can't be Multiple world champion by being jammy. When in 98 C sainz Toyota blew the engine near the finish line, it could have happened to Tommi, but how many times have you heard of the conking out due to engine/mechanical problem without impacting anything. Did anyone this year look at the Portugal conditions and how Tommi absolutly dominated the rally and proving once again the Tommi/Evo combo is no FLUKE.

To me british press seem to be blatantly biased and some may even call it RACIST!!!

See less See more
G
#29 ·
my mum says, if someones out to get you,get them first !

Dragon,
i was like you at your age
dont take it so seriously
sorry if ive genuinely offended you
i do have a warped sense of humour,ive been told this many times,and at 37yrs old,its still getting me into trouble
again
IM SORRY

Im also old and brave enough to admit if im wrong

i did think the anglian water quote was one of my best though !

G
#30 ·
Dragon

I wrote this mail and then deleted it twice! I guess the real point is that abusive language is unacceptable on the forum and I got my knuckles wrapped the one time I used it.

To date, prevocative postings have not been considered unacceptable! I can personally testify to how blood boiling some postings can be but we need to ensure that we all abide by the T and amp;C's of the board.

I am puzzled to understand how agreeing with the comment what I care about is who rules the road is hypicritical but if I have been it was totally unintentional and I appologise. As you say, may this thread RIP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.