Lancer Register Forum banner

In the Dark! The EVO mystery.

542 views 30 replies 0 participants last post by  Dragon 
G
#1 ·
Now that Ginger mop has taken his first WRC crown (hopefully his last), Scooby owners will be shoving it in ur faces, it's bad enough the general public bought so many Impreza's but it amazes me how many people in the UK don't or didn't know of the EVO, if it doesn't say Cossie it's crap and now people who own Impreza's THINK it's God's word the Impreza's are quicker, faster, better everything to the EVO yet they have neither driven one let alone know what it's capabilities are.

They go on about Mcrae winning the WRC in 1995, OK, but ask them who won in 1996,97,98 and amp; 99 and amp; the answer will be DUNNO!!! with a dumb look on their face.

I've had people ask is it as quick as a Cossie , (ignorant ####ers). If you read a typical UK biased magazines i.e. RallyXS, I'll admit it's a decent Rally mag (it's the only dedicated Rally mag), but you look at when they review Burnsie's performance they will always go on about the Impreza's the Dogs Nads, even at the back of the magazine, where they show the WRC winners from 1979 to present, well for 1995 They quote 'the Impreza's clean up', but when the following year the point's gap of Tommi's EVO 3 was huge and as he destroyed the opposition the car doesn't get a mention, even though in 96 aussie round of the WRC all the cars drowned in the water splash apart from the EVO.

Point is joe public do not want to recognise the true on-goings in the WRC, e.g. When Tommi wins it's a fluke e.g. Safari 96, but when Burns wins it's world class driving and the Impreza is the best WRC car out there, You can't be Multiple world champion by being jammy. When in 98 C sainz Toyota blew the engine near the finish line, it could have happened to Tommi, but how many times have you heard of the conking out due to engine/mechanical problem without impacting anything. Did anyone this year look at the Portugal conditions and how Tommi absolutly dominated the rally and proving once again the Tommi/Evo combo is no FLUKE.

To me british press seem to be blatantly biased and some may even call it RACIST!!!

See less See more
G
#4 ·
Totally agree Mr Mime. I couldn't care less how many rallies any make has won ( but of course I support Mitsi). What I care about is who rules the road. As the Carrerra I smoked last night found out. Finally caught me up at a set of lights, he wound down his window and asked how much did it cost? . I replied a lot less than youirs :D

G
#6 ·
Speaking of interesting duels, I had a v. v. close thing with a new M3 on Friday night.
Picture the scene,
Sat at set of traffic lights with long empty straight duel (not dual http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >) carrigeway in front when along comes a new M3 and pulls up next door.
We both glance at each other and with a knowing nod, wait for the lights.
Off they go to green and its game on.
Both of us stayed more or less side by side all the way to an excessive speed and then backed off because of traffic and followed each other around a few roundabouts and more duel carrigeway before acknowledging each other and going our seperate ways....
Bet he didn't realise I paid about half the cost of his car though. That wouldn't have been nice for him to know :):)

Andy

G
#7 ·
Dragon.

Is the Evo a rarety around your area?
Most think my E4 is a scooby ,what the hell ! kids seem to know more about the models than the average jo public.
Greatest respect goes to the M3 ,but even when I have kept with them its a gutting experiece as my cars worth £12k.
Talking of taking on the competition I used 3/4 of a tank of fuel duelling with a Porker carrera 4 on the motor way sat after noon.He had to push it to 150 to get away as mine limits at 140 a decent E6 would have nailed him.Or simons E4 would definately of caned him .All I got was quick looks in the rear view mirror and thinking can't I shake this bloody blue thing of my arse.

G
#9 ·
Mouton,
If we aren't concerned about our cars then whats the point of having the MLR site, is this not the place where EVO owners are suppose to stand united, and is this not the place where one is allowed to voice their thoughts, (Or maybe one has to attend the regulars meets, and hence become part of the 'click click' crowd to get a decent response from other EVO drivers. Try reading my post again without any pre-assumpitions maybe than you will see the point I was making. I adore my pride and joy, and I had thought other EVO owners would also feel the same, it's these kind of negative replies that has stopped a lot of new joiners to post anything, because I would assume they may feel wary of other people's reponses.

G
#10 ·
:) Shorty,
I have also been down the high street with the wife, and this bloke looks over whilst crossing the road saying 'Wah! look at that SUBARU', I'm thinking he obviously knows his stuff considering I've got a massive RALLIART logo across the windscreen... Anyways I raced my mate (he has a ferrari Testarossa), around our local country roads and after he was just gob smacked how this (relatively cheap jap mobile) made his Ferrari look silly (he bought it for £60k, a few years back). Nice to see someone out there can respond with something positive to say about their cars and their experiences in them.

Thanks

G
#11 ·
I Quite like the way people don't know what it is! Well not every one ofcourse, but most people just refare to my car as a WAHHH, Look at that sports car :) Some people know what it is and Whahh look at that EVO , But I dont buy the car to be mainstream, its one of a kind! And I like it like that!

G
#12 ·
The British press seem to have total apathy towards rallying. God knows why cos it's got be the toughest motorsport !
Everyone thinks Subarus are the dogs, but just smile inwardly as you know better.

If you like annoying people in expensive cars. try getting a 7k Evo 1 and watching the faces of people in Porsches,etc :D Especially when it still has 15 wheels and looks like a Proton with a big spoiler.
Makes me chuckle. but no-one has a clue what it is.

TonyC
E1-3 register secretary

G
#13 ·
i too love my evo just as much now as i did 2 years ago
in that 2 years it has been called a subaru many times,i never correct them,i cannot help what they see !
i do not have any interest in their opinion of my car,or me
i did not buy the car for anyone elses benefit but my own
i cannot comment on owning a car for a different reason,as ive never been in that position

G
#14 ·
Hang on a minute! This thread started by slagging off an ENGLISH driver because he drives (or drove) a Scooby! How pathetic is that! He will be driving a French car next season, so what! I feel proud that an Englishman (and the first in history) has been crowned world rally champion!

I love my Evo, otherwise I wouldn't own one, stands to reason!

Also who lit a fire under your arse, Dragon? Is it because certain people have been slating Ralliart recently?

And yes, kids know more about Evo's than most (thanks largely to Sony PS2 me thinks)

Pondy (English and proud).

G
#15 ·
is this not the place where EVO owners are suppose to stand united, and is this not the place where one is allowed to voice their thoughts, (Or maybe one has to attend the regulars meets, and hence become part of the 'click click' crowd to get a decent response from other EVO drivers.

i am not going to stand united with someone just because they drive the same car as i do,no !
For similar reasons as i have tried to explain, i am not a member of the Anglian Water Users Association or the Camera Owners Guild

I would also like to make it clear that i had a satisfactory social life before i had an evo thanks , and im quite sure that will still be the case when i sell it !

G
#19 ·
sir dragon
it is blatantly obvious we do not see the world from the same angle
it could be the fact you are trapped in a 9 to 5 world you despise
but whatever affliction you suffer from,
you are out of your depth with me
accept it,
dont dig a deeper hole
forget it
and move on

free advice
from someone who will probably be posting monday daytime
thats right,when you are at work !

G
#22 ·
:) Obviously you are a complete ####! What's working 9-5 got to do with the price of cheese, you sound like your missus isn't satisfying your needs, Oh! but I forgot you have this great social life (amazing where you still find the time to carry on this childish debate).

You are the one who made this post personal! not me, so if you want to carry on like ****, be my guest, this is work hours for me not my personal time.

'you are out of your depth with me, accept it' What the ####are U going on about, you really are ####, I would like to meet you face to face, and then U can put your money where mouth would like to think it is, I have met people like you before arrogant ***** that go down in one, BRING IT ON cake boy.

FIGHT CLUB!

G
#24 ·
this is great!! dont suppose it`ll matter whether your at work or not the board will be closed again if this keeps up so no-one will prosper!!point id like to make is ,its dragons post therefore his opinion and he has been violated by MC, so cool your jets and sort it out elsewhere please.

(first rule IS you dont talk about it!!)

G
#25 ·
T1RBO

I have been watching this thread develop with interest and you are right, Dragon dragged down the language to an unacceptable level and I hope on reading this will moderate his language, if not his debate with MC.

Firesorter

If somebody posts an opinion they must be prepared to have somebody counter it. I have read and reread this thread and I personally do not have a problem with MC's view. For that matter, I didn't have aproblem with Dragon's view until it got abusive.

I could close the thread but I am sure that is not the type of censorship everybody wants. I hope that the abusive language will now stop.

G
#26 ·
SIMON7...,
This thread would never have got abusive if it weren't for MC's taken out his personal frustrations on my post (like your mum says 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all).

MC personal comments :-
'I would also like to make it clear that i had a satisfactory social life before i had an evo thanks , and im quite sure that will still be the case when i sell it !'

'it could be the fact you are trapped in a 9 to 5 world you despise
but whatever affliction you suffer from,
you are out of your depth with me
accept it,

It's pretty obvious MC was looking to provoke, If you backlog and look at the my membership since 20/05/01 I have never been abusive and never intended to be, but lets be realistic you mention

'I have been watching this thread develop with interest and you are right, Dragon dragged down the language to an unacceptable level and I hope on reading this will moderate his language, if not his debate with MC.'

But looking at your responses of anyone criticsing your beloved EVO 7, when someone mentioned the EVO 7 does not look as good as the 6 or the WRC post about the EVO 7 being unsuccessful in the championship they should have stuck with the 6, you defended you version of the EVO, so your comment in this thread in reply to MIME
'Totally agree Mr Mime. I couldn't care less how many rallies any make has won ( but of course I support Mitsi). What I care about is who rules the road', could be seen a bit hypocritical.

Also you reply to Firesorter 'If somebody posts an opinion they must be prepared to have somebody counter', well I'm countering MC comments.

Thanks goes out to Firesorter and amp; all you others outhere who did not feel the need to take my thoughts and amp; views personally and feel the need to make childish remarks i.e. Hello Pondy...me RACIST ha! ha!

May this thread rest in peace....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.