Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening.

I know this thread has probably been done to death, so apologies.

I've had Subaru's for the last 9 and a half years, my current one being a MY03 STI UK with 413bhp, coilovers, AP's etc..... but I fancy a change..... I think.

I've been considering Evo 6's for a while, and would like peoples opinions of changing.

It'd be a daily driver for my Mrs (only a few miles, and she is into her cars) and a weekend toy for me.

Not looking to go mad on it, just the usual filter, exhaust, re-map, and decent pads/fluids.

Will I be disappointed, or never look back?

Seems like a decent VI is hard to find these days.

Any opinions appreciated

Thanks

·
NR555
7,435 Posts
Just out of interest, how many threads are there in Imprezza land asking "I'm looking to get out of evos and into an Imprezza".

Maybe that will give you a clue :D

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just out of interest, how many threads are there in Imprezza land asking "I'm looking to get out of evos and into an Imprezza".

Maybe that will give you a clue :D
Not many threads as such, but I do notice a lot of people going from a Subaru, to an Evo, then back to a Subaru.

That's another issue that concerns me.

I appreciate the Evo is probably the better car, but wonder why so many change back.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ive had both now and the evo ive got is a totally different beast to my old scooby , im currently running a 5 with 8mr cams and mr 360 turbo off the 9 aswell as all the nessesary mods to cope kicking out 385 /400 which isnt much more than the old scooby but for some reason the evo feels alot more agressive , but to be honest ive loved them both in thier different ways .

I also ran and run daily too and appart from running costs ive never had any problems and if youve had a scooby youve gotta try an evo mate lol .

One thing I will say is that ive got a a stage 2 organic clutch in and our lass cant drive it not a bad thing I suppose ha ha as its that ha4d to push and very awkward in traffic but hey needs must .

The scoobys are ace the evos are ace too dont think youll regret one bit and if you get one this is a cracking place to be !!!!! And if you wanna swap the scooby for a nice dandelion yellow 5 get in touch pal lol !!!

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,520 Posts
Not many threads as such, but I do notice a lot of people going from a Subaru, to an Evo, then back to a Subaru.

That's another issue that concerns me.

I appreciate the Evo is probably the better car, but wonder why so many change back.
Could be...

1. Evo is more expensive (run/mod etc)
2. Evo is always broke...p11sed off:lol:
3. Although not a big reason...Noise of the Subaru is better for some
4. You get ALOT newer impreza for old dog evo money.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Alex, that's exactly the kind of info I'm after.

Phil - the flat 4 burble effect wears off after a while!

Also, is the AYC really as temperamental as it's made out to be?
And I hear rust can be quite an issue on quite a few 6's

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry for all the questions, but what's that going rate for a good condition standard(ish) VI these days?

·
Going faster than b4
2,307 Posts
seems a bit dear to me - but might be wrong.. I wish i could have got that for my old silver 6 a few years ago, but market was on its ar55 then i think ( hope :confused:)..

have a look at http://www.svaimports.com/

So this would be about right?...... http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...te-immacutale-condition-imported-2009/1945344

Looked at importing one, but they are going for strong prices still in Japan, and once shipping costs and taxes are added it starts getting silly.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Been looking at SVA but they don't seem to have any GSR's.

The prices seem to have picked up in the last few months (same with the Subaru's aswell)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts