Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the weekend i was having an argument with a guy outside a kebab shop (as you do) and he clamied that his STI estate has 320bhp. His he right, cause the car was an import, but the STI stickers looked like they had been stuck on by a ####ed 5 year old who was blind folded. Anyway we dicussed the merits of 4 wheel drive, but i still dont believe him.(out of pride really)
The when i was sat reading Max power on the bog(best place really) i saw that they gave the Impreza a score of 96 out of a 100 for its Max factor compared to the Evo IV which only got 90 out of hundred. To make things worse they gave the Evo IV a 0-60 time of only 6.2 while the Impreza a time of 5.8. This really ####ed me off, so i used the mag as toilet paper.
I dont want to sart another Evo vs Impreza but all this wrong information is going to the heads of Imprezas owners and they think their driving a sporty car. We must set-up a support group where evo drives take them for a quick spin to show them a real car!!
Thank god ive got that of my chest, sorry to bore you all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and amp;gt; he clamied that his STI estate has 320bhp. Iis he right, cause the car was an import.

Surely Imports would be a max of 280BHP. As all domestic market cars in Japan. The latest P1 only claims 280BHP

and amp;gt; Max Power ...toilet paper.

Sounds about right to me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The reason every boy racer and his dog has got a scooby is precisely 'cos of the Max Power rating. They deliberately dropped the Evo score so that all the neds would buy GTiRs and WRXs. We don't want Max and his pals finding out about the real deal, now do we?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen reliable reports of Scoobs with this sort of power, although how long they stayed running is another question (checkout the dyno section of Scoobynet). However unless car his is substantially modded, he's probably talking out of his arse.

I am torn between the desire to educate Scoob drivers who think they have the best performance car on the planet and the desire not to see too many Evo's with neon underbody lighting and 1,000 Watt ICE systems being driven by blokes with backwards baseball caps. :-; I think most educated Scooby folks know what an Evo can do. I went to a Scooby meet in Hampshire a couple of weeks ago where there were 40 or so Scoobs and two Evo's. Most studiously ignored my motor until they thought I wan't around - very satisfying to catch 'em at it!

Steve.

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes must admit I used to think the same about Scoobs, I guess you could call it ignorance. After being at a couple of SDRCC meetings where the occasional Evo would appear, they honestly thought the Scoob was the dogs danglies. Of course I went along with this fairy tale until I drove the Evo, after which I can honestly say they are talking out their arse. And as for the P1, well we don't need to get into that do we guys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dosnt it remind you of the school toilet paper, dont know if im talking about the Impreza or max power though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've always thought Revs was medicated, if you look closely you can see the little green |PLS| in the right hand top corner!

Also, check out the foil wrapped editions of Max!, they are nice and moist for those smeared winnit dilemmas!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just bought the latest EVO mag, and after reading i think it would be a shame to use on my arse. Good article on the new speed vans operated by non police. Scary knowing that someones job is soley to give you a ticket.
How do they sleep at night!!!!!
Worst thing is that the camera can read your number plate at 1/2 mile away. They other thing is they are on the road that links Northampton and Silverstone. It already has one speed camera and its my favourite road I always do a ton, slowing down for the camera though!
Strange that they put the camera on the main road between Silverstone and the rest of the country. Are they trying to say something about motorracing fans.
Are we now a target just cause we like watching fast cars in a safe environment.
I will say the road is bad with lots of fast blind corners with footpaths that cross it, but are they going to use the revenue for the tickets to make the road safer, dont think they will really.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys,
Impreza's are cool. There is no doubt about that. I used to have one and I can honestly say that my evo is lacking in the character department.

We need to accept that the Scoob IS a viable alternative to the Evo. If the Scoob wasnt around, the Evo would not be the ******* machine it is. Mitsubishi need competition to push them to their limits.

Cem

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Boys, I`ve been sat in my mates STI 3 at various LTR trackdays when he has blown off loads off evo`s TME`s E6 etc and he does run 325 bhp with 102 octane race fuel [300 bhp RR @ tuning japanese / aldershot with 97 ron ]so show some respect please, the driver does play a large part!!. I myself run a E6 and of course and he`s slower than me http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
Regards Dave PS we`ll see you all sat @ RR day

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Far comments, they do need to be pushed to improve, its just a shame that it feels that in the rally department they seem to be a bit lacking.
Mitsubshi where the best, may be since there old team director left they have lost that drive to win, that magical sparkle they used to have.
Impreza brought out the new impreza a head of mitsubish Evo 7, the question is will the new Evo be too soft around the edges like many have said the new impreza is.
Only time will tell, but if rover are bringing out a 350|PLS| bhp monster, mistubshi may ahve to share more of the market. I'm a bit of a rover fan even though there image is a bit cloth cap. I did have a rover 216GTi which i was alright, it just didnt go around corners well. Which ended up with me writing it off in the Isle of Man, on a road that my car new will just sail around. If the rover is 4x4 if could be a Evo killer!!!!
Anyway if there werent any imprezas on the roads, who would we get to laugh at when the lights change.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On top gear it said it was rear wheel drive and they could go up to 425-450 break but it was a v8 and not a 2l turbo so it woould handle or be in the same class as the evo 7.
Also about the evo being to soft i refer you to the article by hunty which shows that it is going to be the best evo yet apart from the looks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I was surprised when Peter Stevens said that they would be a doing a RWD 375|PLS|bhp 75. I only hope they can pull the whole MG-thing off properly, if only for the sake of the thousands of families in the Midlands and elsewhere whose livelyhoods depend on Rover/MG.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hear the EVO7 will be the best handling EVO, primarily because it's suspension was tuned at the old Nordschleiffe / Nurburgring (is the spelling right?). Guess DaimlerChrysler's influence meant that the EVO should be well suited for more variances in road surface, not just the ultra smooth roads of Japan then!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi gents,

I own a measly UK spec Impreza where in standard form it would produce 208bhp. With a little (safe) tuning this has now been proven to produce 255bhp. Bearing this in mind I would say that that an STi (tuned in the right manner) could produce 320bhp.

Just my 2penneth!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts