Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know there is a serious tyre issue with Evos as you can't get the A046 tyre in the UK, and there arn't any replacements that are anywhere near as good on an Evo.

I am going to import a bunch of A046 tyres and make them available to the MLR.

Can you drop me an email to [email protected] if this would interest you so I can get an idea of numbers.

Cheers

Ben

·
NR555
7,448 Posts
Any idea of costs Ben?

·
NR555
7,448 Posts
isnt there an issue of them being J marked and E marked? i am interesterd to know costs though

·
NR555
7,448 Posts
Not sure, but i think so from what i have read on here

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'd go US air freight if I were you - unless you know someone with a container coming from Japan - i've already worked out the costs from Japan and it's nearly 2k a set.....and even then you might have a job getting them in....simply because they are non e-marked and it's illegal.

gl though - and put me down for a set or two.

Also there are NO e-marked AO46's left in the world unless they are either in storage somewhere in garages e.t.c

Or they are part of the batch that Ralliart UK bought for testing that are probably sitting under lock and key somewhere.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blinder said:
I'd go US air freight if I were you - unless you know someone with a container coming from Japan - i've already worked out the costs from Japan and it's nearly 2k a set.....and even then you might have a job getting them in....

gl though - and put me down for a set or two.
Dude PM what you know..... and I'll get on the Job.... I do know people with containers coming back so that's possible.

Cheers

Ben

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
OE tyres on the lancer are not E marked, but they don't have to be as they are given away with the car.

It is illegal for a retailer to sell non e marked tyres in europe.

However if they are sold for trackuse only ;)

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Black Knight said:
OE tyres on the lancer are not E marked, but they don't have to be as they are given away with the car.

It is illegal for a retailer to sell non e marked tyres in europe.

However if they are sold for trackuse only ;)
Can Yokohama UK supply them for track use?

Ben

·
NR555
7,448 Posts
are the j marked ones ok for the mot?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Tom Dick,

Absolutely fine - guarantee it.

Tony,

I've bent your ear about this already a couple of times ;) hell I even offered you 4 figures for a set off your demo MR - if you can get non e marked ones for track use I will have your children!

But I have a funny feeling it's illegal to even put them on a boat headed for Europe.....Unless they are attached to a brand new car...

Crispin.

·
NR555
7,448 Posts
Blinder said:
if you can get non e marked ones for track use I will have your children!
have you been breathing a little to much cornish air ;) :p

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have made some enquiries and am seeing about getting some from the US.

I am going on the idea of buying 100 tyres to make the transport economic.

I'll just have to hope I can sell them.... it looks like under £150 per tyre though.

Ben

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Your right the ao46 yoko,s are brilliant

For the mot ,it doesnt matter if they have nothing wrote on them,as far as i know :) as long as they are not bald!

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Yes i know ,but you dont worry about that - just stick some differant tyres/wheels on ,... ;) it is only us who have to worry about that , soon as you have got the sva cert ,you can do what ever you want :D

1 - 20 of 67 Posts