Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever imported any parts, how long does it take and are there any nasty surprises.
Speaking to Zippy on Thursday he said he had imported some parts from America, but they got stopped at customs and they added VAT plus a handling fee which added around 25% on top of what he paid for the goods in the first place.
Im looking to import from Australia, a handling package which included shocks, springs, new roll bars and brushes which stop front lift and allow front castor and camber to be adjusted. It comes to about £450 for the whole package.
While Mitsubishi wanted £300 a corner. Also im thinking of getting strut braces which come to around £200 front and back.
Is it worth the cost as the prices excluded freight and whatever customs add when they get their greasy little hands on it.
Any ideas?
Cheers
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One sneaky little trick requires a contact who is either buying a car or is a dealer buying cars from wherever , buy yr stuff and have them put it in the boot , if the customs shud ask then just tell em it's spares (make sure u discard the boxes though to make it more convincing http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/wink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
Takes at bit longer though due to sea crossings.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BUT THATS TAX EVASION !
GOOD GOD MAN WHAT WOULD TONY SAY ! (you obviously vote labour !)
HAS YOUR QUEST FOR 400BHP LOWERED YOU TO THIS !!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All imports through customs has to have a declared value, just get the folk you are buying it off to mark it with a lower but still realistic value i.e. US$400. That way even if you do get collared you are only paying VAT on the lower amount.

C and amp;E don't really know that value of a Whiteline kit is (for that is what I assume you are after

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes its the Whiteline kit, sounds amazing for the price. Problem is what happens if it goes wrong. Its a long journey to take it back.
Would be easier if i could get it over here.
May get it, just got to work out the price before i buy it.
Let you u know if i do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts