Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you may be aware i am a vauxhall cavalier turbo owner yet have a fond part for the lancer Evo, anyhow i need some help.

Sunday evening while traveling home a white VW caddy van came out of a T junction i swerved to the other side of the RD but it still collided with the passenger side of my car.

Then the driver of the van drove off.

I had some witness and got some details police went looking for the van but with no luck.
We went home and then we went looking for the van in our mates cars, with some luck we found the van and called the police, at the moment the police are unable to locate the driver but managed to find the vehicle was registered to a commercial company howver the police did not impound the van and the registered keeper is a rarely used building in Liverpool, now the vehicle is still at large !!!!

some pics :

and the ****s van that drove off:

If you should see this van ANYWHERE or have any info please please contact the police on 999.

Many thanks

Gutted as i just ran a 13.5 second 1/4 mile at santa pod !

Mike

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
mikehturbo said:
If you should see this van ANYWHERE or have any info please please contact the police on 999.
Gutted for you but this isn't a 999 matter. If you want people to report this van (which they won't) post your local cop shop number.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was told by the Wpc on the case
" if i see the van report it on 999 imediatly"

The driver is a criminal and is wanted for commiting a serious offence and leaving my wife in a poor way.

I actually live in plymouth but the van is suspected to now be in liverpool.

mike

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Sorry to see that Mike,

I had a similar thing a few years ago, and in the end paid for the repairs myself after plod could not find the current owner of the car that hit me.

Didn't want to put it through on the insurance, as it would have crippled me the next year.

What I DIDN'T find out until too late, is that there is a scheme whereby if you are hit by an uninsured driver, or one that can't be traced, then you can claim the cost of fixing your vehicle from them.
Can't remember the details but I think it is run by the ABI (Association Of British Insurers).

Insbro on jere would know about it, I'm sure...

Good luck with the hunt for the van/driver....

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.